Thursday, April 18, 2024

SIXTEEN QUEENS.....

 ...enter a club and one will come out!


Here we are, at the end of yet another season of RuPaul's Drag Race.  I was originally not going to watch, what with trying to keep up with the main show and then all its international sisters. But then Ru decided let's air 2 or 3 at one time. Well, I gave up...it's impossible to keep up with. But what with friends and sisters Sapphira Cristal and Megami who got on this season, what kind of person would I be if I didn't tune in to support them? Over all, not a bad season, and one of the better ones in some time I though. Here is some of my thoughts and predictions. Most of the queens left in almost the order I thought they might, although I thought Plasma might have lasted longer and Mh'ya Iman leaving sooner. I had them flipped. As for the crowning queen? I think it's going to be....

Of course I'm rooting for Sapphira girls!!!!! I'm mean Philadelphia hennies!!!! Sapphira for me is a good mix of fabulous old school drag, but then twists just the right amount of new school to keep things fresh. She takes herself seriously but also not, weakness and body issues she embraced and makes light of them and use them to her advantages. She knows her herstory, and her style in shows NEVER disappoints. She can host, do comedy and then there's that 6-octave singing voice. Incredible... and you need to see her use that in person. She really does embody the CUNT. Creativity, uniqueness, nerve and talent. When you leave one of her shows, you will remember, or be back, or both, not to mention she won 4 challenges, and four mini challenges Trust. So I think it's her or.....

Nymphia Wind

This queen kept me cracking up all season in the work room...and I found it utterly fascinating as comical and crazy and relaxed as she was just how detailed, structured and flawless her runways would be. While she only won 2 challenges and safe otherwise, so did Bianca Del Rio, who ended up winning her season.  Nymphia is not your usual drag queen who is going to do a lip synch or stand up, and thanks heavens for that!!!A Nymphia show is going to be very Sasha Velour...very artsy, avant-garde and part performance art... and she is going to treat you to a very one-of-a-kind dance performance where she will take her cultural background and takes us somewhere new with it. Her style and mug is always flawless, yet she is very laid back and accessible. 

Plain Jane. Yes Yes...she made the top three. I'm still not sure how, as most of her looks contained mostly skin, or a one pieces body suit, or a tight shapely long column dress, with exception to a few break outs. Michelle even called her out on it. And let's face it, she was mean spirited and not trustworthy most of the season, but I did like her better by the season end. But for me something is not there or missing. She also waited too long in the competition to break out the glam and different looks, after what seemed like a long line of body suits. I could be wrong, but I think Ru is going to throw a curve ball in the finale with a group lip synch and I think that is where it will come down to Sapphira and Nymphia...and Plain who historically doesn't dance, or lip synch well will be knocked out. My friends and girlfriends think I'm nuts and Nymphia will be out, but I'm not so sure.

Megami. I have always enjoyed her and one of the biggest sweethearts you'll ever meet. She is soooo Brooklyn New York with her style of drag. I'm just glad she made it on, and unfortunately, she didn't really gain her passion and the side I'm used to seeing till the She Done Already Had Herses Tournament. Now that was the Megami I'm used to seeing. Her looks not seen this season are also sickening! She is a good drag egg.

Morphine Love Dion was a joy to see all season. I didn't think she'd get top 4, but damn was she pretty funny all season, and I just loved some of her looks. And the funny part? She won $50,000 dollars for winning the lip synch tourment right? More than the first runner up will win tomorrow night!!!!! Maybe not a bad thing she didn't make it to the crowning circle? I think I could hang with her and be shady all night.

Mirage was the queen that was my surprise and delight queen. I didn't expect to like or enjoy her, and I loved her lots. And that bitch knows how to give body and use that body m'kay!!!!

Mhi'ya Iman Le'Page. I'm still trying to see how her, and her looks got her that far, but alright. And you have no idea how gleeful and happy I was to see her face when Megami sent her packing in the big lip synch tournament. Miss Thang was pissed. Sorry, don't see the lip synch assassin here. These queens get to reliant on the dead drops and flips. If that's your only means to woo an audience, then move on. It's SOOOOOO overdone. I want to see a tight Morgan McMichaels style lip synch, and a body feeling the music. Not constant flips and drops. I personally think she should have been an early out. She was right next to Dawn with being plain annoying.

Xunami Muse...so different then her drag mama Kandy Muse, and thank heaven for that. Xunami was another I really grew to love while she was there, was always positive and had everyone laughing, a good sister to be with in a workroom I surmise. I enjoy most of her looks. Wouldn't surprise me if she wins Miss Congenitally. Yeah, I could hang with Xunami, and I had a huge crush on boy Xunami!!! Oh yes I did. I found his laugh very sexy and catching. After a show we could must definitely take turns on each other!!!

And Q. Now I started out loving her, but she quickly became painful to watch if she didn't win. There was no hiding her feeling. And I found the voice annoying after too long. But no denying bitch had some tough and very memorable and avant garde looks. The above was one of my favorites.

And next season can we get less of the queens talking like stupid valley girls? So annoying. We will also see the exit of Ross Matthews and rumors are swirling with sisters, that the fabulous Jinkx Monsoon will be the newest rotating judge.

So, who you rooting for, or do you think will crown kids! What's your thoughts on the season???? As for moi, I'll may watch the finale in a new number created for me by good friend Miss Bill. Or should I save it for the Woods shows this summer?

You know I adore pink... and a matching chapeau and bag girls.

42 comments:

  1. I agree with just about all you said. Sapphira would be a very talented winner. But I feel like her winning would be underwhelming in the sense that Sasha Velour was also predictable, or the fact that Rose' was "too perfect" to win. For me Nymphia being the cooky, creative, original east-Asian queen is the perfect representation the fandom needs. Not saying Sapphira doesn't deserve it, but Nymphia has shown more then meet the eyes. But your right, it's going to be one of them.

    In my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man... do you know your drag shit! Ru should have you on as a judge!!!! We are behind in watching with our trip to Thailand but just got all caught up. I'd be happy with a Sapphira/ Nymphia top 2.

    And you and Xunami?!?!? Only if I can watch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to make me blush! That's all I can say. And thank you for supporting us queens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Gurrrrrrrrrl!!!!!! Adored you...you made those bitches eat dirt! What made your rise through the ranks so much fun to watch, was how you used your body to dominate the stage and understood the ancient drag truism that performing is sometimes an emotional thing rather than a kinetic thing. Honey....you found ways to interpret every song that were funny and entertaining WITHOUT relying on flips, dips or splits. This is, after all, a performance, not a gymnastics routine. Besides gurl, drops and flips were so late 90's. Live and be healthy honey.

      Delete
    3. Honey, you made that last episode worth seeing!

      Delete
  4. First of all, is it wrong I got turned on by you in the last picture?!?! Damn! Fabulous and sexy!

    I'd be happy to see any of these 2 win the crown... but I feel like that last episode is just the momentum Nymphia needed to snatch it up, not to mention she hasn't been in the bottom once, even if she deserved it on SG. But I also love Sapphira...her drag is usually my go too. The season got better I think when it weeded out the fillers....then it cooked with gas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nymphia Wind is fascinating to watch ... funny, beautiful, artistic, and I so enjoyed her taking Mhi’ya down a peg or two or three in that lip sync, but I’m hoping to see slew foot Sapphira take the crown. I was disappointed that Mirage did not make more of an impact. I’d have much rather have seen her last through the season than Plane Jane. P.S. that pink outfit looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im noy sure how long Mirage has been doing drag...but I bet she will season very nicely.

      Delete
  6. First off...that picture is FABULOUS!!!!!! Your too much, sexy, but too much! I LOVE IT!.

    I'm with you...Sapphira, bring that crown home girl!!!!!! but I think your right. A top two. As per the usual, Nymphia’s costume were always stunning stunning, As for her final win, I think it was probably pre-ordained because they didn’t want a five-time winner, Sapphira, in the finale. You could almost read that the judges wanted Sapphira to have another win. And Ru and Sapphira seem to have a very good repour with each other. I don’t entirely believe Nymphia when she said she wasn’t strategizing all season, but her insecurities about her looks were real and well-stated. And she too is very fierce.

    I too adored Mirage and Xunami and Amanda Tory Meeting. And my breakout queen I fell for was Megami! I also loved her cool and collect attitude...and that Brooklyn style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree honey. Time for a Philly queen to get on the show and then hopefully take the crown. Wouldn't that be something?

      Delete
  7. I for one LOVED this season henny! Sapphira of course...I'm a Philly girl now. Loved Mirage, Megammi, so us big bitches need to stick together and Q. And gurl, you didn't tell me you were going to sit nude for my wares! Not that I mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Call me strangle, but I found the last episode, the LIPSYNC LALAPARUZA , the best one all season. I didn't understand either how My'ah Iman made it that far either. She didn't even look polished enough to even get on this season??? If she had looked more glam like the picture you used she may have done far better. But her looks always seemed ghetto to me.

    Now drop that hat and bag this INSTANT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please please, please wear that to Ptown this year! Wear that, just like the picture and you'll have the boys falling out!

    Meanwhile....the hand puppet rap.... Megami AND her hand for all stars 9!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. last one: he could be you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is the mistress! you just didn't recognize him without seeing the cock!

      Delete
    2. absolutely in the mood of Mistress Maddie

      Delete
  11. Oh that pink outfit. Even I’d give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i say fuck it and crown Eeyore! now that would be a twist.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I expected Plane to be a stronger lip syncher for the amount of smack she talked all season and was always underwhelmed. Her flame seems to be fizzling out. I adore Nymphia, but can't see how this win doesn't go to Sapphira. I mean she is what people go to see drag shows for.

    Make room...I'm coming to jump on your lap! You do love a big hat don't you? And could you move the bag off you lap please...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Probably the strongest finalists the show has had since... season 9 or 12? Plain Jnae can still put up a good fight, but... I think it's going to be a photo finish between Nymphia and Sapphira. I wouldn't even be opposed to a double crowning. Both of them are just too good not to be recognized. But from Philly nothing but good wishes for Sapphira. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Im kooky and odd so I'd like to see Nymphia walk away with it, but Sapphira is just perfection and pleasure to watch, feels like whoever loses is almost a lock for an all-stars crown if they want it. Plain Jane is great but she's gonna need something spectacular to take it from either of them, and it'd have to be a bit stronger than a little Burger Finger.

    And I'm going to need that hat and hangbag Mistress. Sharp!!!! Like that your nude , you know, to showcase it better, yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG your new pink plush ensemble!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous4/19/2024

    Tundra Bunny here...

    That pink chapeau is glorious on you, Maddie -- you definitely have a hat bod, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I just adore cocking a good hat Tundra.

      Delete
  18. I, too, like Sapphira, and hope she wins. Funny, glamorous, self-deprecating. Love her.
    I also liked Nymphia because her looks were amazing, as were Q's, although it got annoying how pissy she would get when she didn't win a challenge.
    Plain Jane; I, too, felt her runways were far too similar, and felt she was too seriously bitchy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the feeling more that Nymphia may take it.

      Delete
  19. Yowsa... That looks like it would be a little too heavy, too warm for Summer. 'Course, getting all hot and sweaty sure would make stripping off and jumping the pool feel really good. (a video of thet would be fun!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking for a clip of that 6 octave voice, though.....

      Delete
    2. No not hot!!! It's all made of crinoline then clipped and snipped. Very airy. I think there may be clips from the show on YouTube of her singing from the premire. If I find them I'll send you links.

      Delete
    3. Ah, then by all means, it would be a perfect ensem for The Woods.
      Would love to see that clip. I've looked and....well, maybe I ran out of patience. LOL

      Delete
  20. That hat and bag; are you sure that's not a bathmat and toilet seat cover?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pink is a great color when it's paired with black.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are right!
    That Lip-sync Rulapalooza was EVERYTHING. I loved Mirage. Girl could have stayed longer. Morphine BROUGHT IT in those lip-syncs and her mug! Honey...
    Megami gave them a run for their money. When she said that she could not outdance Morphine but that she could out-stupid them? I fell off my chair. That was great.
    I also think it may be Sapphira. She's the whole package, but I love Nymphia! Her looks! That podcast! When she talk about how the white queens rule the gay world I applauded. If Q were not so whiny, I would have enjoyed her more, because that Queen is CREATIVE!
    I'm getting ready for today, because I have the feeling that Plain is gonna find out what lip-syching is...

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, that Pink ensemble?
      You are devilish.
      That's why we heart ya.

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. Yep...Megami cracked my ass up!!!! And that face when Ru told Megami shanty you stay...Mhy'ia's face was priceless!!

      And yes to PlainJane. Boy her lip synch that time she hit the bottom was very underwhelming I thought.

      Delete
  23. Replies
    1. Im glad...because Ill leave it in the will for you!!!!

      Delete
  24. I love the both of the big hats!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Whatever that pink thing is your holding (a handbag?) I want to crawl behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So happy with the finale, even though Sapphira didn't win. Both were phenomenal and the best top two in my opinion. And did you see Mirage!!!!!! She was rocking her entrance look for the night!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!