Thursday, March 11, 2010

Marsha Brown's Southern Creole




The Mistress and Boy-Toy had a gift of a visit to Marsha Browns we received, and it was burning a hole in our pockets. Marsha Browns always makes for a wonderful dinning experience. It's one of our favorite places to dine in New Hope. Marsha Browns specializes in Southern cuisine. After years in the restaurant business, Marsha Brown (yes, there is a Marsha Brown) decided it was time for the divine flavors and bold personality of her Louisiana upbringing to ascend north of the Mason-Dixon line. Her idea was to create a refined Creole Kitchen, bar and lounge that made the authentic taste and charm of New Orleans available– A place that was an extension of her own dining room, where she could share her family’s most cherished recipes. So Marsha opened up in New Hope in an old abandoned church, and we have been happy ever since! One time when we dined there we actually got to sit on the alter, but I must say I did fret a little as I was afraid that lightening would strike the Mistress after not being in a church for so long. I later understand that they did have the structure checked after we were there, you know, just to be sure the building was sound! Upon entering the church is the bar and lounge area where you can have communion. Then you take a lovely staircase to the main dinning area. There are also many private cul-du-sacs too.





Everything we have gotten there has been phenomenal. And the best part is the tasty bread and lettuce wedge.





Always a lovely evening. If any of you ever come to visit, most likely we will end up here. And Ricky the bartender is very personable and very funny. To tour the church, see the menus and a video of Marsha herself you can see it at Marsha Browns site. Tootles!

12 comments:

  1. Damnit. Now I really have to plan a trip to Pennsylvania.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous place! Thank you for the link to the restaurant. I love to see menus from places and found many dishes I would order. It would be hard to choose, but I know I could. What did you and the BT wear for your dinner? I know you spent time selecting your ensemble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous restaurant, and the food/
    I'm hungry for a good Southern dinner and it's only 9AM!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3/12/2010

    Great pictures! The food looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea I'm so hanging with you from now on. That place looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As long as they have lots of gravy I'm there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coco de Mere3/12/2010

    Looks great and how neat that it's in a church. New Hope is a great little town.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the church effect! Looks great.Are we going when I come out there?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how nice a place is that! And it cool how she purphased this place over having one built. Food looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coco de Mere3/13/2010

    I was wondering when you would get to featuring this fabulous place.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!