Saturday, April 11, 2020

AGNES'S HAPPY MOMENTS

In our Happy Moments posts of late, Agnes Goldberg-DeWoofs table settings seem to have been popular with a few of us. While I will admit to not setting a table for myself, rest assure when I have company, I set a table. In one email, she told me her husband William thinks she has a screw loose for taking such time to set a table so, for just two people. But I must agree with Agnes. It's yet one more thing gone people don't do anymore. Next thing you know, we won't even be eating at a table. So...I figured I would use the other pictures not used yet. And she sent some good advice.

"Setting a welcoming table is a luxury for me, and is one of the joys of hosting, so relax and have fun with it. Pick a level of formality for your table that suits your style, the event and your guests. Then enjoy the creative experience as you create a table that will add to your guests’ comfort and delight in the meal."
I'll say it...girlfriends tables make me feel very happy.

22 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to sit at that table with agnes and share good food/gossip! the flowers, the fancy easter eggs, the candles, gurlfriend has IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those last too are gorgeous.
    Those table setting make everything look good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, surprisingly this cheered me up. Sometimes it's just nice to fall back on traditions. These settings are gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a traditionalist and enjoy decorating. Once people stop these standards and traditions, they will be gone forever. We rush much too much and don't seem to enjoy anything.

      Delete
  4. Very beautiful! Now the important question: are those dishes microwave and dishwasher safe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautifully set table is a gift you give to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful things. I use my Fiesta ware....and that's about as fancy as thing get at chez Mahogany.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have fiesta ware too! I like to mix up the colors at a place setting, like a green plate with a yellow bowl and a blue mug.

      Delete
  7. ...beautiful flowers and set so beautifully....what a pleasure it would be to partake at that table!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A feast for the eyes. I absolutely love every picture. I also love the fact that the portion size of the cake is very generous. Just how I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christina!!!!! When I worked...i did bridal consulting. So I think it still kicks in.

      Delete
  9. ....And that's a setting!
    Nothing like self-care and using beautiful things to cheer ourselves up!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. The routine things in life, should not be boring, you can't take it with you, use the good stuff today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who is more important than yourself? She deserves the happiness it brings her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Any of that chocolate cake left???? Yum!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why yes!!!!! It's chocolate with walnuts and a praline icing.

      Delete
  13. Thank you mistress for featuring my table settings. What a surprise to see when I fired up this box. Happy Easter to you and all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely. Fit for a Queen dear

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!