Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Summer Garden Bijoux


Am I the only one appalled that it's August already?!? Before long Persephone will be going but to Hades soon again!!! But not till I say so! I must admit to being a little lax lately here, but truth be told, my first love has been consuming my time. Yes, the beautiful seduction of the outdoors in summer. From here on it will progress like a production number in a Hollywood musical, and the chorus will continually play till fall arrives. So my apologies. Plus, I am still sorting out vacation aftermath pictures. Which brings us to this vintage bijoux garden! After arriving back from Provincetown, I was at the Casa for two days before heading to Harrisburg as guest to the Capital Street Duo, Master Russ and the Dame Courtney at there always eccentric home, while also attending the town Pride festivities. Now you all know the Dame has such talent, with drinks, displays, interiors and men, so it no wonder her and I are such good friends!!!!!! No, you know your in for a treat at the Dame's. We have all seen her many rooms I have featured before and for several different holidays.  But never in the summer. Take a look at the parlor with shells........
 
 
 
 
 
My "official" quarters , which I shared with a goose and nest galore.....
 
 
This summer, the Dame was adamant about doing her courtyard over and , well lets take a look see. How magical it turned out...... I can't believe there aren't any gnomes or nymphs about......
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
What's so cool about it is that many of the items in the courtyard are interiors items of furniture and accessories, so it's like a another room over taken by flora and fauna. He also used candlesticks to hold clay pots with candles in them and even used hose spray nozzles as candleholders. At night it's all white lights and candle light. And I'm loving their chandelier in the ivy, as well as the gorgeous foundation filled with clay pots!
 
A stunning garden bijoux I say! Anything strike your fancy?

33 comments:

  1. My fave is the tiered fountain with the little clay pots -- very striking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my favorite too! I wonder water comes down?

      Delete
  2. a unique home fer sure! thanks for sharing it with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw beautiful i love the fountain and yes can not believe it's August already

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I can't blame you for going photo crazy! Such lovely things they way they are arranged. Loving the fountain also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty pretty! Love this time of year when everything's green! Yay for summer! I love the use of the chest of drawers for a touch of the unusual in the outdoors. They must have quite the time pruning. And the parlor!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back Mistress! How did I miss you were back? I love when you take us to their lovely home! Love the courtyard, so much to see as you look. Did they ever name the house yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Tim, not yet. The Dame is STILL sweating bullets over just the right name. **makes note to get her more blotting facial sheets**

      Delete
  7. You are staying in Eden! Wow... and there has to be at least some fairies in there.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that weekend there was at least 7.

      Delete
  8. The courtyard is stunning! I am in love with the idea of using clays pots on candleholders on my balcony, how different.. I really love the whole thing though. Enjoy the rest of the summer, I too can't believe how fast it is going.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you saying you were goosed in your room? The outdoor space is quite amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is quite stunning! I know if I was there I'd be soaking up all the beauty around me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Old world bijoux for sure! So lovely. And there was even eggs for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would so love to tour this home and see every little hidden detail! It must be fun to visit. LOVE the seashells in everything ...I wants them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The perfect place to escape for a drink! I love the fans together and the cherubs! But everything's so beautiful. You do get around!

    ReplyDelete
  14. And I think I spotted weed in the corner growing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That street looks very quaint! Such a lovely home. I even saw a couple things to buy!! And is that real eggs in the nest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why yes, and they made a lovely morning breakfast.

      Delete
  16. Bijoux fits the meaning of that place to a T! Its no wonder we haven't heard from you with all this jet setting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. FABULOUS! Yes.......queens live here!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wowwwww! There's so much green and some lovely details too!!! Love it!! There has just got to be some gay gnomes running around!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would enjoy drinking my coffee looking at this amazing garden....almost felt like I was there! Okay I wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8/08/2013

      Thanx for the nice words boyz! I may just have to have u over for coffee! :)

      Delete
  20. That garden is so LUSH! so beautiful! I'm just surprised they have no stuffed cocks in the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no worrys dear. There is plenty of stuffed cock to be had

      Delete
    2. Is that something on the menu there? Stuffed cock.

      Delete
  21. I love the vines around everything....when I was little they used to scare me, lol..not I think they are gorgeous. The whole place looks so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Do I see horns coming out of a watering can? Really interesting place they have.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love it, some good ideas in here.......

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is quite something! Where does it all go in the winter months???? I so need to go see their home with you sometime. I bet there is a lot you can't see in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!