Thursday, August 8, 2024

JOLENE

 
 I first became familiar with Jolene Cuisine a few years back when I was in Rehoboth Beach doing some drag show during the Gay Pride Festivities. I wasn't sure at first about this bearded drag routine that drag queens were doing. Hey, some men don't want to shave the beard off to do drag, but love doing drag, and I can understand that. When I did drag, I never shaved off my eyebrows like most drag queens do. I mean then when you're a boy is looks odd. Much like seeing Aurora Bearealis at the Woods, I could see Jolene had it!!! The make-up was so well done with the beard, it didn't distract. Joelene is a hoot and a half too. Hailing from the wee state of Delaware, she is the claimed Drag Bear from Delaware and is representing the state well, with style, camp, hosting, singing and laughs, and I'm here for that. And nobody is shaming this queen, she'll still enjoy her biscuits with sausage gravy, throw on a dress and wig and go perform. Jolene is best known for her campy costumes, kooky comedy mixes and her crazy killer vocals. She's also larger than life, no really, it's a medical condition and plus-size hairy diva... that will have you laughing the night away.


13 comments:

  1. The beard still kinda throws me off, but I like how in a few photos she accentuated the beard with makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooters should pay her a million-dollars a month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, we all have to find our happy. Good for them. I don't know if the bearded drag thing works for me either, but then, drag has become a rather all-inclusive rainbow these days... people like Sharon Needle altered what was acceptable. For me? It's about the material. I want humor and great quips. Wit. You deliver that, you have my attention. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hell...even before Sharon came along there was Porcelain in Philly who was doing that kooky...creepy drag.....buy Sharon got it main stream. I remember the both of them taking a lot of flack for the grotesque looks.....but now look how many queens are doing it. Heck...even Dragula was a result of that style of drag.

      Delete
  4. Hahahaha
    Oh, she's fantastic! The photo with the boot?? Camp itself.
    I also love, love, love the name!
    Bearded Drag performers skew the gender binary even more. Good!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Hooters outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What does it matter what way you roll, beard or no? Does Jolene cook?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I may be partial, but I love a good bearded drag queen.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!