Saturday, March 30, 2024

MEANWHILE ...

 .....at the Casa du Borghese

Another long week, but due to a much quieter one. Nice to have a break and a long weekend, but sometimes the lighter workload makes for a long week, and I love being busy while working. But here's to the weekend. It's been a relatively quiet one, and nice. The above is the first of our flowering trees to take bloom, the White Pear. Stunning!  Here's some of the sights around the Casa du Borghese this week.
Here are some ceramics eggs that my mother painted from years ago when she used to do ceramics. Remember when that was popular?

Meanwhile, my potted bulb garden took off this week, and the ranunculus is hanging on barley with colder nights still.

My dear cousin Maggie, from Chicago sent me the lovely painted rock that she hand painted.

These porcelain rabbits were my maternal grandmothers. She loved Easter.  When she passed, I had to have these two. And that is her in the photograph with my grandfather.
After some more gardening clean up today, the kid came out in me and decided to color some eggs, since I had only three dozen.

My good friend the Dame stopped in with this beautiful arrangement for my table tomorrow. Such a thoughtful gesture.

The clover I got as a gift from St Patrick's of 23' continues, and I just had to divide it into another pot and it's already going crazy! So pretty for something so simple looking.
Then a heart attack today. I have 6 for dinner tomorrow. I went to the farmers market to pick up my ordered meat of lamb, and thought I heard wrong when the very cute boy told me the price. Hey, I was distracted by his very pretty baby blue eyes and very big arms and chest. A 7lb piece of lamb for $89!!! I never paid that much for a piece of meat! My menu for tomorrow is Roasted Lamb with rosemary with a creme feta sauce drizzled over it, Potatoes, Glazed Parsnips and Pears, Grilled Asparagus. 

And dessert? Creme Puffs with a Choclate Glaze.

35 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!! I love the potted garden. Spring really is a pretty season, even more so on the East coast compared to the West Coast.

    And I'm not use to hearing you say you paid for MEAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it just my dirty mind or did you purposely position your maternal grandma's porcelain rabbits in a way where one rabbit looks like he's doing something naughty to the other?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Dame thought it looked liked the standing one might stab the lower one if it had a knife!!! The poor rabbits. Easter has gotten crime ridden!Lmao

      Delete
  3. I wouldn't pay that much for anyone's meat! I've got more shoes to buy, damn it! It probably helps that I don't like lamb and I can't chew steak anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck...I get a piece of fat on a steak and all I do is chew and chew....like a cow chewing cud.

      Delete
  4. Happy Easter 🐣🐰🐇🥚

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the gardens and the decor, and I would have also shrieked at the price of lamb. But, the meal sounds divine so it should all be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I told Mitchell...it took a jump from last year's price a lot....but i don't mind as they are family owned and their meat is always tasty.

      Delete
  6. All your Spring flowers are so gorgeous and the additional little touch of pussy willows just makes everything perfect! Your cousin's hand-painted rock is magnificent! Enjoy your guests and your Easter feast tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is so good at painting odd objects. But she known in the family for her rocks!

      Delete
  7. When I was a kid I would dunk an egg in more than one dye. They'd get very psychedelic after a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to be very kind and talk about you and the price of meat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3/30/2024

    Bon week-end de Pâques !
    Casa Borghese, si magnifique.
    -Beau Mec a Deauville

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just adore all the flowers and especially the pansies and the Pear tree! Nice capture. They are going insane. I also love those antique rabbits, along with your photograph with your grandparents. You sure don't see those porcelain rabbits anymore.

    Your dinner sounds lovely too. I'm at my daughters for Easter till mid-week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhhhh yes...lamb is very expensive this year. I like it and it's the only time of year I'll eat it. Mine was even more but I have more people coming for dinner. The potted bulb garden is so pretty. I especially love the shot with the daffodils and pansies together, what a great combo.

    The colored eggs turned out lovely shades.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You do seem to have a green thumb! I love the clovers...they are huge! I actually recall when you got them, Why, I have no idea. This time of year, I just love seeing and the smell of the pear trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still can't believe that Clover is 2 years old.

      Delete
  13. Pretty pictures!!!! Made me feel all happy and cheerful and looking forward to spring. I'll be heading to my families for Easter dinner too. Ham though. Gurl, prices of everything are up this year. Im sure your dinner will be a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much to comment on I don't know where to start! Flowers are beautiful, as always. The little rock is so pretty too!
    I love that you have your Grandmother's photo next to her rabbits. That shows what a lovely soul you are.
    Here in the uk all the supermarkets do offers on lamb. The price this year is £15 for a whole leg. Normal price is between £30 and £40.I
    Enjoy your dinner, i would love to be sat at your elegant table. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christina! I have family of her things I really enjoyed. She was my favorite grandmother and the one I was practically inseparable with! Dinner is at 4 if you want to join....your always welcome.

      Delete
  15. You make it all look so easy! Stunning photos. Your lamb is where they got the golden fleece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit the price caught me off guard...but I won't complain 1 lamb is not found as often as other meats and two it's a local company who is family owned.

      Delete
  16. Great meat is worth the price.

    ReplyDelete
  17. When do we all get invited to lunch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd be welcomed into home anytime.

      Delete
  18. LOL. Leave it to you to position the rabbits in honor of the original pagan holiday!
    The meal sounds wonderful. I think we're having left-over Mac 'n Cheese....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was either position the rabbits or myself and the Lad!

      Delete
  19. Happy Easter, and be thankful that wasn't bought at Vons. Based on their prices for NY strip, I'd assume you'd pay a C-note for 7 pounds of lamb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Vons. Is that a reputable butcher in your neck of the woods?

      Delete
  20. Fab photos lovely plants. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Madam! The garden is really waking up now. Seems like when it starts,,,it goes!

      Delete
  21. Yes, when is dinner? It sounds heavenly! I always love all your touches.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Haven't you thought about paying in kind, maybe making the cute guy happy?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!