Sunday, September 24, 2023

AUTUMN, DINNER, AND A PENGUIN


 It's been a weekend. It's been cold, damp, tons of rain, and breezy and cloudy since Autumn arrived. I just hope that the autumn loving pumpkin spice sluts are happy!!!! Oh well, it's only 117 some days till spring, how bad can it be? But not all the weekend was awash. After work on Friday, it was off to the Hilton Hotel and Towers for a dinner date!!!


I had been wanting to try the Hilton's dinning establishment 1700 Degrees... a lovely place. I had only been to their sister place, Adlib right next door, but when I had gotten an email months ago from a certain gentleman to meet up, I knew right where I wanted to meet for dinner and drinks. The man in question.......


If you guessed Travel Penguin, you'd be correct!!!!! After all these years I finally met up with the sojourning penguin, and I was not one bit surprised he was so sweet, interesting, welcoming and everything you would expect. It was a lovely evening of good conversation getting to know each, great stories, an excellent delicious dinner, beautiful ambience, and maybe a few cock-a-tails! Penguin had been up North in State College for a few days to attend some lectures in State College, home of Penn State University and the Nittany Lions. I never went there for schooling mind you, but did get my education in drinking when visiting friends on weekends who went there. So , on his way back we agreed to meet up for dinner and finally meet. And I'm so glad we did. Yet another swell blogger who was just as his blogger persona is. I couldn't think of a better person to start the autumn season with, and over a wonderful meal. As usual, I'm a bad influence, as I feel I kept him up past his usual bedtime, and he may have had an extra cock-a-tail! Contrary to popular belief, we did NOT drink all these bottles of wine in the glass walls, but the gin might have been another story. I was on best behavior too I'll have you know!  I was beyond tickled to finally hold his penguin in my hand. Such a pleasure to meet you David, and thank you for such a memorable evening!!!

The rest of the weekend? Snoozing. And lots of it. After my recent weeks of on the go, I crashed with exception to baking a lasagna and soups, for my dear friend and sister Mame, AKA David Dust, who some of you may know from the blogosphere, who lost his dear mother this past Wednesday. I took a lovely arrangement made by the Dame, and the provisions to him today.

Now back to relaxing...perfect weather for convalescing. But thankful for my family, friends. and new friends. Life is short ...so let's enjoy. Now I'm looking forward to a candlelit night and the next episode of Unforgiven tonight.

34 comments:

  1. Looks like an elegant dinner with great conversation! So awesome that you and Travel Penguin met up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still feels like summer here 🥵

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only wish.... it's cooling down fast here. We will be only seeing temps in the 60, 70's from here out I surmise...maybe a few days in the 80's with Indian Summer.

      Delete
  3. It's been a blustery and autumnal one here in London, too. I actually put the heating on Friday and tonight...

    What a swanky venue for a "blogger meet-up"! Whenever you're next in London, and if there's an opportunity to meet, I doubt we'd be meeting anywhere quite so salubrious 😎. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet I will!!!! I am versatile dear...I do seedy and dives well too!

      Delete
  4. I am mad-jealous you two got to meet up. I hope it was a splendid time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so sorry to read about David's mother; always such a loss.

    On the other hand, nice that you and Travel Penguin took a shot at cleaning out the wine wall ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been to Harrisburg a few times, and it had some wonderful places to dine. This place looks amazing. I cheated too and also googled them menu. YUM! How nice to meet another blogger. I think it's pretty neat you all meet up sometimes. The penguin is adorable.

    And the Dame sure does know her way with flowers. Your a kind soul Mads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS LOVE the header!!!! Is that Marlene Dietrich?

      Delete
    2. Thank you Agnes! Would you believe that is Julianne Moore?

      Delete
  7. im quiet honesty surprised there were any glass baubles and beads left hanging and not made into necklaces and earrings? and did you leave any gin behind?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool to meet up, and in such a cool place!! I can't believe you met yet another man in a hotel?!? I sure hope your weather improves, but snoozing in always a good thing too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That restaurant looks spectacular!!!! I highly doubt they could ever run out of wine! Sleep in rainy weather is always a good thing...and heavens knows you seem to be on the go...A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad David got to meet you in person. Hope I'll be as lucky soon. I've had the good fortune to meet with David, and even J, a few times now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was at the bar with a gin and his first line was, You DO exist!!!!! I felt like a unicorn!!!!! I adored him.

      Delete
  11. Thank you, it was a fun evening of conversation, we must do this again, and more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the best time!!!! A great week to end a crazy week.

      Delete
  12. "hold his penguin in my hand" (???) Am I so much perverted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is this really Anne Marie?!?!?!?!? LMAO!!!!!!

      Delete
  13. That Hilton look very elegant for a Hilton!!!! I bet a good time was had by all.

    And you line of "I just hope that the autumn loving pumpkin spice sluts are happy!!!! Had me laughing out loud!!!! Thanks for the good laugh...and yes, I couldn't agree more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Autumn is the season of convalescence! Roll on Christmas. I'm glad you had a lovely blog meet, and if you are ever in London I might get myself there to meet you!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll give you oodles of notice!!!!!! I would love to meet you, Jon, Mr DeVice and Christina one day! I only know there will have to be copious amounts of gin. I can hear the conversation already and see the shenanigans going on.

      Delete
  15. I've been to a few banquets there, but never for dinner. It looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could be the next contestant on the Price is Right!

      Delete
  16. What a lovely place. And I want that first chandelier in my dining room.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't been in a Hilton in decades and it didn't look like that. I hope the food was as good as the company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, it was so good I practically licked the plate.

      Delete
  18. That place looks extra swanky. I've always wanted to go to a place like that. I'm glad you got to meet up with a fellow blogger as well.

    I also like how you're extra catty about Fall. Meow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll tell them where they can put their pumpkin spice lattes!

      Delete
  19. I'm telling you I get to the East Coast a lot, you better put me on your docket to me one day cuz it's going to happen! I'm so jealous when you guys all get to meet up. That restaurant looks absolutely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just like Dorothy asked of Blanche, who picks a hotel because of all the men in the lobby?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks to this post, I, too, am reading that lovely Penguin blog. Gold Star to you!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!