Monday, August 10, 2020

MONDAY HAS GONE TO THE BIRDS

Here we are on Monday again.....it's been a hell of a end of week,  and weekend. I have the feeling I'll be going back to bed before long, I'm exhausted. It wasn't from sex either I can tell you. There was some issues with the condo units this weekend that had the fire alarms in the common halls and vestibules going off and on all weekend...talk about maddening. I also got some bad news on a couple fronts...seems the pandemic just keeps getting better. I have work getting ready to start at the pied de terre soon too, so that will be fun. When it rains it pours. By weeks ends, I'm taking another five day get away to the mountains. My good friend will be there by himself, so it should be a nice peaceful time, and will give me some time to commune, before my other good friend shows up. I've not been to the glampground during the week yet, but I hear harldy anyone is there...I so need some pool time to rewind.  But worry not, my next covid pamphlet will be hitting very soon, and just in time. And was it me or did I now hear that  our dictator was looking into how to get himself on Mt Rushmore??!?!?!?!?! What does he think he's done to be on Mt Rushmore with such other past great Presidents? And is it even appropriate to have a etching of a big fat ass on the mountain, when the rest are faces? Oh silly me, I forgot, that is his good side. I think we need some birds today...some stunning birds.... you know I can't resist a bird in any shape or form.


Today it is predicated the temps are going to sky rocket again.... as we enter the hottest weeks of summer...back into the high 90's again. In terms of  coping with this heat, why not embrace the late great bouffant- haired country music diva Tammy Wynette as a role model?

31 comments:

  1. That lady never appeared anywhere unless she was dressed to the nines! Love Ms. Tammy and her George lovin' ways. All the hairspray! That lady did some damage to the ozone, let me tell you! Remember her duet with KLM? Justified and Ancient! Loved it. You sound dizzy busy, hon. Glad you are taking time for yourself and have a place to get away. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just may be the ONLY one I know who remembers the KLF'S Justified and Ancient! THAT is impressive.

      Delete
  2. ooooh, another glamping trip! pearly wants you to visit her again too.

    loverly birdies; beautiful plumage.

    and tammy stood by her man, even after her d-i-v-o-r-c-e.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the birds,and Tammy, are certainly in their best drag to start the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word - I read about Mount Rushmore, too, and wondered if it was April 1st.
    Beautiful birdies, Mistress!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you imagine sitting out at the pool in this heat in that get-up?!? (But those sunglasses are so YOU.)

    The governor of South Dakota is quite an idiot herself, so if she was stunned that Trump was serious about Mt. Rushmore, you know he's nuts (as if we needed any more proof).

    Have a great time. Stay cool. Stay safe. Stay happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A week glamping! Now that sounds like heaven - really. Especially if there is naked pool time, naked hiking, and, well, naked anything!

    Yep, the Covidiot-in-Chief really did ask to be put on Mt Rushmore. He's done so many ridiculous things in the past weeks that the Repuglicans have (once again) turned a blind eye to it gives one real pause. Banning social media, changing tax codes without congressional approval.... But he does it because Barr, Pompeo, McConnell, etc let him get away with it.So head up tot he mountains and the cool air, relax and commune with nature! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I intend to do just that my friend.

      Delete
  7. Loverly birds!
    Enjoy your time away.
    take care, xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheep, cheep, chirp, chirp, caw, caw, tweet, tweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you get into my stash of birdseed Duchess Deddles?

      Delete
    2. Sorry, Mads. Being cooped up since March has made me somewhat of a birdbrain. It could be worse. I could've gone batty. Now where did I put those sunflower seeds?

      Delete
  9. I saw that about Rushmore, you have to remember, in his mind he is a god.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all those bird photos. I wish you lived close by; not only do I think we'd be great friends, but you have Marco over for a sleepover once in a while since you love birds! Sometimes we could use a break from his demanding ass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you are right, we seem to have many interests. I wonder what Buster would think of Marco? A good friend of mine has a pair of love birds she wants me to take. She's had them for 9 now and they drive her nuts she says with their antics. She is older and widowed...I tell her to keep them as they make company for her and she has something to care for. Deep down, I know she loves them.

      Delete
  11. Wait. That's not you sitting poolside? Color me surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, it sounds like you need a nice, relaxing getaway! Enjoy it!

    Your blog keeps eating my comments before I can hit publish. Just FYI. Good thing I leave short comments, so I can type them out twice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Debs....you know we're hungry bitches around here.

      Delete
  13. Wow! The birds visiting your windowsill have really upped their game ;) I'm guessing you finally put out the good stuff?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like the fancy cocktail hour now.

      Delete
  14. I wonder what Tammy Wynette thought of Dolly Parton? That's a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe they enjoyed each other and were close friends. Upon Wynettes death...Dolly was so upset and distraught...she could barely get threw a song she sang at the funeral.

      Delete
  15. Anonymous8/10/2020

    Hope you have a great time relaxing. And your comment about Mount Rushmore and a certain man's best side made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes we know you like birds in their MANY FORMS!!!

    I don't like to hear the bad news part...if it's what I'm thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ...brilliant images!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I started getting Tammy Wynette when I watched Sordid Lives! LOL
    And I love the birdies!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you get a chance to relax this week, whether it's glamping or staying in.

    If you remember a certain fertilizer commercial from the 70s, The Orange Satan isn't worthy enough to be carved into Bandini Mountain let alone Mt. Rushmore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...I'll be staying in or glamping for a lot longer I surmise after the call I got on Friday.

      Delete
  20. Stunning. 😎

    Simply stunnin'! 💛

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!