Thursday, February 24, 2011

Champagne In the Afternoon



Now don't go and start worrying that the Mistress is drinking in the afternoon. But I did par take of several glass of the bubbly this afternoon and enjoyed a lovely thirsty Thursday buzz! Ya see this time of year the Mistress goes to many fashion launches, trend previews with our company and so forth. Well today the Mistress was at the Polo Ralph Lauren Shop in Philly with our stores Regional Merchandise Coordinator who goes as a company employee of Ralph Lauren. She invited me because 1-she didn't have a date to take, and 2- she thought I would be entertaining! I told Cind, if there is one thing the Mistress knows it's her way around a beautiful showroom with champagne!!! I have been to this location many a time but hadn't seen it since the reno two years ago. And it was just beautiful! I have always love Ralph Lauren's stores and showrooms because even though it is store, it also feels like a home at the same time, and they in most cases just reek of good taste and elegance. And the showroom in Philly at the Belleview Hotel is a stunning extravaganza! The mannequins are also very life like posed around the rooms , and their merchandising is so well done and very tight, crisp, and tidy. I also learned that when your in a store or showroom the props and furnishings he uses can be purchased. One of the clerks said they have a inventory catalog with all the items in that store, so they can order you any prop or display accessory you might like. They get lots of request apparently.





How stunning is this bedroom??? I could so sleep in here and never want to leave! This style is right up the Mistress's alley.







These three I believe thought I was nuts! And I do believe this "sweater bar" had every color the avid Polo connoisseur would want! Ain't it pretty! And Harold, the center guy was insistent I should try on a couple sweaters, but I think he just wanted to get the Mistress in a fitting room to check out the goods!


I love a strong haberdashery statement!


And how would the day be complete without a piece of eye candy!


The Dj for the event. Lets just say he knew I was interested mmmmmmk! So all and all it was a lovely way to spend a afternoon and we got a lovely goodie bag. Except they forgot to put the Dj in there. Oh well. And on the way to the car I snapped this picture of the beautiful Bendel window they had. Is that dress made of moss not incredible? And how cute is the poodle? I love my job! Tootles!

11 comments:

  1. Beats my afternoon all to hell! No champagne, needless to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Batina2/24/2011

    I sooooooooo need your job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Deb, you have me beat! Being your social director is tiring bitch! Great post though, love the pics! And his style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That place is really nice and beautiful! What a fun afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great showroom! And you really do have the best job to see all this great visual work and drink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a Ralph Lauren shopper but the boutique is stunning! And I hear the new Bendels is doing quite well! Girl we need to do lunch sometime. Great style in there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice! I love what you do. And we all love goodies bags don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great afternoon! Harold probably did want to see the man bits!!!! You are so funny. And my good friend does lots of contracting for many of his showrooms. And the dj-woof!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous afternoon Mistress! I love me a Ralph store! And champagne is always fun, no matter what time of day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely day to have! I think I need to change fields.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you DO have the most intresting job Mistress.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!