Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Mistress Survives This Thing Called Tailgating



Well, the Mistress is happy to report that her and the Boy-Toy have returned back home from a lovely Labor Day weekend, where yes, we probably drank too much, ate too much and did too much men watching. And the Mistress is also happy to report she survived the football game and - contrary to popular belief - saw the game and did not hang out in the men's locker room! We went to the Penn State game on Saturday where we saw them beat Akron. (I have to admit from what little I know about football, the game seemed very low-key.) We departed Saturday morning early to meet our friends the Capital Street Duo to begin what I was told was tailgating. I was like, what the F@*k is that? Well, it is apparently where you take beer and food and travel to the stadium early to eat, drink, be merry and show your team spirit. The Mistress was all in for a few beers! We set up the wet bar in the back of the Mistress's trunk. On the way to Penn State there was a pit stop at a rest area and a little restaurant loved by David Dust.





After the tailgating, it was time for the game. The Mistress was surprised to see how quick the innings went by! The first half of the game went very fast with Penn State leading 31-0. The second half was very uneventful with just a single Akron touchdown. So the Mistress used this opportunity to ogle the hot male cheerleaders. And there was a band also! Complete with color guard, and dance troupe.



The band put together a wonderful ode to Michael Jackson at halftime, and they even danced to Thriller. (The Lion led the way.) It was amazing to see. After the game was over we did a little more tailgating, went for a drive through the town of State College, where the feeling of my good sister and friend Mamie lingered everywhere you looked. Then it was off for a lovely dinner in a neighboring town. The rest of the weekend was spent seeing the lovely fireworks display along the river in downtown Harrisburg and we also ate way too much at my aunt and uncle's Labor Day picnic. I had to lie down flat in the car on the travel back home because I was so full. I should have had on a Goodyear Blimp shirt. So we had a really lovely time again this weekend, but I have to be honest, the Mistress is relieved to have the next two weekends at home now to recuperate from the months of travel. Plus there is nothing like seeing football players in those real tight pants! I can't wait till the next football game already. Tootles!

16 comments:

  1. ok, Maddie, while I'm happy you enjoyed your football game and didn't end up on the floor of the men's locker room....THEY BEAT AKRON!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!! My kid goes to Akron...so now you have to hate Penn State and like Akron, ok?

    So, how many huddles did you make your way into and how many times did you play "center"? ;)

    ps. the center is the one that bends over and snaps the ball to the quarterback, who has his hands under the centers balls!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorilla Boy got himself in the newspaper attending the WSU-Stanford game. Pictures on the blog. And I do believe there is one male cheerleader in the second picture... right hand side...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9/08/2009

    I have never been tailgating either. Of course, I've never been to a football game. LOL. One day.

    But I hope to get into the locker room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did not just say "innings" in reference to football. We need to have a talk...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy Toy9/08/2009

    The Mistress knows more about football than she lets on. Same way I learn about drag and camp through her.

    It's part of that drag-football trade-off we made back in the day. :)

    P.S. She thinks Sam Bradford is hot. Even with his arm in a sling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved tailgating in college, but haven't done it since. Probably a good thing...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. FIRST OF ALL, I AM DAMN TIRED OF ALL YOU HO'S EATING ARBY'S. STOP THIS NOW!!! IT IS NOT FAIR. EVIL BITCHES...

    Secondly, I can't believe you never tailgaited, girl! There was nothing like being a drunk student in the Beaver Stadium parking lot at 12:00 noon - eating the Alumni's food and drinking the Alumni's booze. I'm sure I could corrupt a few students myself, now that I'm an Alumnus.

    I hope you genuflected at all my old Whoring Grounds ... Willard Building, Old Main, The Wall, Rec Hall, ... there are just so many!!!

    XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mamie, honey! I can't believe this was your first foray into tailgating! Such a sheltered life the rich lead!

    And aren't you glad you have Beth to teach you the game!

    I LOVE me a good color guard and dance troupe! I was a rifle in my high school color guard, ya know!

    And poor, poor DD and the Great Manhattan Arby's Famine of 2009! What are we going to do about that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You crack me up! That description of tailgating is so funny! I've seen it but haven't done it since I'm not much of an athletic supporter myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love football! Looks like you had a good time and I still believe you were in the locker room helping get things out! Innings? I so need to take you under my ....wing, and teach you this game.lol! And I see you even got in the mood with the tee shirt. You look like a fit lad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What is wrong with this picture? The Mistress at a football game. But it sounds as though you even found a good time there. You really do get around don't you? Now me on the other hand doesn't know shit about the game.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love football and never thought I would see anything football on here! Inings! We need to talk Mistress. And I agree, I thought for sure you would be in the locker room with the players, you know, helping them! Looks like a good weekend. And is that you on the far right? Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beth- now you know I can't root for Akron because the Boy-Toy is going to Penn State! And I always play the center. Yea, I like the center alot! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mistress Maddie #1 Fan9/09/2009

    Oh my God, you went to a football game! That's hot. I betting their were a ton of hot guys there. And how was the locker room.

    ReplyDelete
  15. maddie...you are too funny1 I love ya girl!!!!

    XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Coco de Mere9/10/2009

    Football? Well at least there was hot men.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!