Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Grande Dame of the Week

The queen of South Beach....Adora Miami!



Adora is another diva I had the pleasure to meet years ago and she is one diva full of camp, talent and a huge heart. And her looks and wardrobe are incredible! Adora was born in Havana, and relocated to South Beach in 1986. She is trained in classical ballet, musical theater and cabaret. Adora became an integral part if the emerging international scene in South Beach with her then fellow artist and friend, Carlos Rodriquez in a act as the Adora Sisters. When Carlos died of AIDS in 1991, Danilo survived him to become Adora, an icon whose outrageous bouffant wigs, extraordinary make-up and captivating stage presence made her queen of South Beach. And even though she does lip-syncs, she is good at it, and has done many style languages and cultures including Shirley Bassey, Celia Cruz, Maria Callas, Lena Horne and Carmen Flores. And at the end of this post is a video of the fabulous Adora in one of her performances!

















11 comments:

  1. What fun!!! She's a colorful gal, huh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/01/2009

    Amazing eye makeup! Very artistic work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bold use of color on her hair and her eye makeup is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The eyes are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the third picture. Thats what I picture the Mistress's face like when she finally gets to drink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danoli9/02/2009

    Mistress,darling! Thanks so much for the lovely post. I feel so honored to be featured with some heavy hitters here. You are to sweet and kind to give us girls some exposure and information on us. If you make it to South Beach please email me. You must come see a show again as my guest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coco de Mere9/02/2009

    She is pretty spectacluar!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the 1st pic. She's like a mad goddess.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mistress you sure do know I a hell of a lot of queens! She is pretty incredible. I just saw her website. I will heading to South Beach this winter, so I will have to catch her at a show. I just love her look, wigs, and make-up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. DAYUM! that makeup is FIERCE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mistress Maddie #1 Fan9/03/2009

    Oh my God, she is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!