Sunday, November 19, 2023

USUAL SUSPECTS

 

When I moved from the Casa du Borghese in Bucks County to the new location, I left behind quite the menagerie of wildlife critters. But luckily the new current Casa du Borghese has no shortage of wildlife or house boys for that matter. The two most current visitors are the birds, and the squirrels. Originally there was just Bouvier II, and now has mated, and we must have about 6 regular squirrels to the dismay of the Mother. Yet, they don't disturb my garden at all, well, except for making a meal of a few of the dahlia stems before they bloomed. Lately they have gone insane forging and bury acorns in addition to the peanuts I give them. The original will take the nuts right from my hand, the others are still leery, but getting closer. I watch. They will bury their acorn and some of the peanuts, but will enjoy about every third peanut, then go back to burying them. I understand they will bury close to 300 or 400 hundred nuts acorn and or peanuts and will remember where each is buried!!! Then there is the play time where they will all chase each other all over the place. I do believe they were a bit dismayed that we cleaned up the yard yesterday of the leaves though.

Here were a few of them right before autumn.

And this week into this morning.
My pots of morning coffee are used in this mug that Duchess Deedles sent me. She has no idea just how perfect for the morning watching party this mug is. It was accompanied by vanilla waffles today with bacon and home fries.

 A few weeks ago, while walking in the park across the street, I was delight and in awe of some albino squirrels!!!!! I have yet to see them mingle with the regular grey squirrels in our yard.
The mug is right. Who rules the world? SQUIRRELS!!!!

Hence why I use them as my henchmen.
Bwahahahahaha haaaaa haa haa

32 comments:

  1. Squirrels are vermin! Not as destructive as foxes, but close... Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vermin?!?!? Oh no Trump has been using that word all over the place recently!!!! But as your aware I love foxes too. I know they are here, but don't see them nearly as much as when I lived in Bucks County.

      Delete
  2. All those squirrels, the squirrel mug, and the albino squirrels, are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tell you Debs, they are comical to watch.

      Delete
    2. they look so sweet and nice!

      Delete
  3. The squirrels are totally adorable, Mads! I so want to feed the ones that visit my backyard, but Bella would not be pleased. She can't do too much damage with one tooth, but I'm not taking any chances.
    So, the albino squirrels won't mingle with the others, huh? Watch out! This may be the beginning of a master race! That bud needs to be nipped asap! I'm happy that you're still enjoying that mug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my weekend mug Deedles!!! I adore both the mugs you sent me!! Buster could care less about the squirrels, but my mother's late dog, Lillith, caught one once and killed it. I'll never forget her waiting to come in the back door, and I noticed she had it in her mouth. I think she thought she brought us a gift, the poor thing. And yes, those albino squirrels are my top-secret backup weapons race!!!

      Delete
    2. It is so nice to see you Deedles. I worried when you were absent from blogs.

      Delete
    3. You're so sweet, Ms Agnes. Don't worry about me. I tend to hibernate this time of year. I'll come out of my cave from time to time, mostly to forage for food. I'm not too yakky during my down months. Reasons.

      Delete
  4. Great pictures! I like the squirrels that are not the usual gray and white belly. I can't tell if maybe the charcoal one is a native Douglas squirrel, a hybrid or just a charcoal version of gray squirrel. It seems smaller like a Douglas. The albino squirrels are cool! Lucky you! I've never need one in person and that breakfast looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 'm not sure either. There appears to be several toned ones here more charcoal though, and I have heard many have spotted the albinos in the several areas here. This is the first I have ever seen one in person. Oh yes... the breakfast. My weekend guilty pleasure are huge breakfast on the weekends.

      Delete
  5. I think squirrels make the best henchmen! Dangerous little %$&#ers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats right honey...they are highly intelligent, cunning and maniacal!!!!!

      Delete
  6. I love squirrels as I think like one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must have a lot of nuts around there to draw all of those squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days I have counted up to 9 squirrels already.

      Delete
  8. Hmm. I wonder if those albino squirrels escaped from a laboratory. Any mad scientists in your neighborhood?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mad scientist? Ah, hum, in this neighborhood? Well, errr I don't think so, not to my knowledge. Excuse me a minute dear.

      * runs off to hide beakers, test tubes and Bunston burners*

      Delete
  9. Ok, I can't lie, that video is too cute!!!! And that breakfast looks huge for a growing boy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this post! It's been a while since you posted a usual suspects post. I like your idea of squirrels for henchmen...they are cute and yet evil and not to be trifled with! Those white squirrels are so pretty. We had one or two of them when I lived in the big house in the park down the street in Ardmore.Your going to end up with an army of them if you keep their habitat happy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are simply a sucker for anything packing nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’ve never seen albino squirrels. Beautiful. And starting every day with Deedles would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Scoot. I'm sure Balder Half would agree with you. *Cough*. He's been nuts about me for fifty years now. Okay, maybe he's just nuts.

      Delete
  13. I wonder what they think of you?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved it when as a kid the squirrels would take things out of my hand. Alas, we have no squirrels around these parts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Being a gardener I am a squirrelphobe, although I do not get over excited about them eating the grain dropped by the birds. Him indoors has set up the bird feeder on a thin wire between an apple tree and a climbing rose. Despite their acrobatic skills, the squirrels cannot access the feeder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good thinking Helen, and we know that they are very good acrobats!

      Delete
  16. They are so cute, and I had no idea albino squirrels were a thing. I'd never seen one before.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My wife's cousin rescues squirrels from cat attacks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was in Bucks County I did volunteer work with a ASPCA and held a baby squirrel that came in once. It was the cutest little thing. It ended up living with one of the vets, and the became inseparable.

      Delete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!