Sunday, November 12, 2023

AUTUMNAL VIBES

After this week, and being back from vacation, I think finally things can start to settle around here. Yesterday the haulers came to take items from our clear out we had, and the old furniture. I found myself getting the vapors from the one strapping young man of color!!!! I gather he might bat for my team too. He was enthralled by the art hanging on the walls that was my paternal grandparents. We had a very nice conversation of art, why he liked the art we had and his work he prefers to implement. We talked of the Philadelphia Art Museum and how he'd never been. I told him I'd be more than happy to go with him sometime. How's that? A quick trip to Strites Orchid for a few things in preparations of Thanksgiving dinner before getting back to receive the new furniture. Needless to say, today was a small clean of the yard of leaves and twigs to be added to large piece of dead tree branches fallen over the summer to be added into our bonfire tonight to relax by. The only thing that smells better than a summer campfire is a autumn fire I swear. We may or may not have enjoyed some mulled cider too by the fire. 

A neighborhood street liter in leaves.
I love our pansy colors this fall.
Highland Gardens, a gardening center here, with their cute little center kitty.
Strites Orchid has been nice visiting since being back in the area. I have fond memories of the place from my youth on visits there with my grandmother, who swore by Strite's for all her produce needs and apple cider in the fall. Some of the best right next to Oak Grove Farms.

Our remaining salvia barely hanging on.
Found these antique peasants in a shop on my last trip into New Hope. 
They are heavy little suckers too.

Mulled Cider

Nice full pot of apple cider, add in three cinnamon sticks, whole all spice, clove, and all-star anise, orange peel and a healthy dose of cognac. Bring to a boil, and let simmer. Strain infused cider into glasses with a cinnamon stick. YUM.

31 comments:

  1. I see you've even got an autumnal bottle brush tree! Or is it supposed to be mimicking candy corn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Yes... you did spy a bottle brush tree! I love them and collect them. My mother saw those and thought I'd enjoy them.

      Delete
  2. Give me a glass of that cider before bed, darling. Everything is beautiful.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janie!!!! That cider really hits the spot and knocks one out for a good night sleep.

      Delete
  3. I lived soooo close to Strites before I bought my house, now it's a bit of a drive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so worth the drive, though Oak Grove is closer to the house. I usually hit Strites if I have other business in the area, or I can go on my lunch break. Man, is there cider delicious.

      Delete
  4. Third picture down: Kind of a campy looking pumpkin there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!!! Your right! Looks like it is wearing hat!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful pictures and vibes! I love that desk in the first picture, very handsome! Just what style is that? I assume that is an old desk or family piece. The last picture is my favorite...warm, autumn and yet haunting, the fire, the dark skies and the light on in a window. Very cool capture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely autumnal vibes Mistress! Is the chair one of the new additions? Certainly, is handsome. I hit a farmers market yesterday for butternut squash to make my yearly soup. The rest will be enjoyed with family for Thanksgiving. The Casa certainly looks cozy. Adore the deep red pansies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A warm post!!!! Would you believe I have never had mulled cider??? It sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always feel melancholic in the autumn, I think it's the thought of being trapped in the house for the long, cold evenings.
    Your beautiful photos have cheered me no end. Your home and garden are exquisite.
    We grew three pumpkins this year for the grandchildren and estimated the biggest to be around 80 pounds. The other two weren't far behind.
    I love the gourds you've got. I may have a go at growing them next year! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I just love gourds in the fall. All these came from Oak Grove Farm which is near our house, they had some gourd shapes that I have never even seen before. And I can't believe you grew pumpkins those are pretty big.

      Delete
  9. Fab photos and very Autumnal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Time will tell if the hunk was hauling junk.

    ReplyDelete
  11. does this mean that the guy from the hauling company is going to move your junk around???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have him rearrange it several times before I'm happy with it.

      Delete
  12. I love the leaves; our backyard is overflowing with the colors strewn about the lawn ... though, of course, there will be cleanup!
    I want to sit by a fire and drink Hot Toddy's or Mulled Wine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That leaves are a pain in the ass to clean up, but when they're laying all over the lawn and the different colors doesn't it remind you of confetti? It actually looks fun.

      Delete
  13. You have some frisky root vegetables there!
    I look forward to reading about your escapades with the arty chap!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only hope there will be a Escapade with the arty chap!!!!

      Delete
  14. All the accoutrements of autumn. Lovely! I could visit and enjoy that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Round here it's like a switch was turned off and all the leaves fell down overnight. My salvia are still in full bloom though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well as our temperatures have finally started dropping just now, I surmise the trees will be all empty by weeks and next week. Unless we get some heavy gales.

      Delete
  16. Beautiful pics, and I love seeing the colors I normally won't until December. Have fun at the museum!

    ReplyDelete
  17. If that's what you call "salvia barely hanging on", I would love to have seen them in summer! They look in full bloom to me. Beautiful violas, too.

    Lovely photos - even though I don't like fallen leaves, pumpkins, chrysanthemums nor hot cider with twigs in it... Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes the Salvage are still going strong and I've even seen the Bees Still pollinating, but the leaves are starting to turn yellow. And the last two nights we've had too heavy frosts, so I have a feeling their days may be numbered. But the pansies love the cold weather here!

      Delete
  18. I'm enjoying all the pictures from the current Casa du Borghese!!! You certainly haven't lost your touch to arrange things. And those antique pheasants are handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another beautiful, artful post.

    ReplyDelete
  20. love your outdoors

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!