Thursday, November 9, 2023

LOVE IN PORTOFINO


Now before you jump to conclusions, no, the Mistress did not find love in Portofino, except further love for nature and this amazing planet, but I did find some fun and lusty times. It's only fitting the next trip was to Portofino though, what, with my love of the fabulous Italian singer Dalida. How can you not find an Egyptian born singer, of Italian origin and then a career in France that spanned three decades and over 40 albums not fabulous. What a swanky voice. But alas in 87 committed suicide of an overdose of barbiturates. But her signature song was most definitely the theme song of our trip.

Now where is this week going? I know I said two days!!! Between Getting caught up at work, new furniture coming, and estimates being done for new living room windows, it's been nuts. But the house looked great when I arrived home...the main public rooms all repainted. Here are two clips from my stories from my Instagram page to tide you over. One with even added music! I know some of you follow it and may have already seen the pictures and videos, but here they are at the Casa.

Yes...still going through picture...just downloaded the last of 1, 231 pictures. I'm hopeless.

 
 

35 comments:

  1. If I can't get to Portofino, I can at least find love in these videos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was yet another very hard return Kirk!

      Delete
  2. Oh these videos bring back such sweet memories. Well, mostly sweet. I tore my quadriceps climbing the cliff steps in San Frutuoso.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it hard to believe you tore anything climbing cliffs!!!!!! That is just tempting fate for you!

      Delete
    2. It all started with a bruise from walking into a metal rod on the marble polishing machine in my friend's factory. I was actually polishing marble that day. Fun while it lasted.

      Delete
  3. you love Dalida? you've great tastes for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Places left to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab little videos! Oh, the power of the ocean. Haven't heard of Dalida before, but what a lovely voice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful place and a beautiful voice. I'm glad you had a good trip.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the videos!
    Beautiful place! And Dalida is *chef's kiss*

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's just say she certainly set a mood.

      Delete
  8. Ahhhhh. Beautiful. Oh, yes, I could live there.

    She had a lovely voice. Damn pills did in too many talented people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The special candy dish... the downfall of many. And yes, I could live there!!! You'd loved it!

      Delete
  9. Now I can't wait to see the pictures of the homes there. I'm sure you already have a place in mind to relocate, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...It was very hard pressing to return I can tell you that.

      Delete
  10. I could die. That first video is everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can recall a few times just being completely speechless at the beauty.

      Delete
  11. Wow! Portofino looks beautiful!
    Although a little rough for having a dip in your square cuts, by the look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, my, it does look idyllic..!

    All that and our "Patron Saint of Magnificent Hair" Dalida, too - we adore her!! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a shame we never made it there! Those clips are spectacular and just long enough to get a nice taste for the area. GORGEOUS! I can't wait to see more of your pictures. But I familiar with Dalida. As Jon says, we too have adored her forever. What a voice, and I remember her singing that song well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this trip had you written all over it.

      Delete
  14. I think my jaw dislocated after seeing all this beauty!!!! OMG!!!! Never been, simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My jaw hit the floor!!! Toto, we aint in Kansas anymore!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got that right. It's always to treat to escape the insane asylum of the US!!!!

      Delete
  16. I watched the first video alone like 10 times and still can't take all the beauty in!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Portofino looks fabulous! The week back at work must have been tough - it’s over now, next week will be easier.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as I make it through the dreaded Monday.

      Delete
  18. WOW!!!! Make the California coastline pale in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah, I love a European musical cocktail. So alluring. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I always learn such marvelous things from you.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!