Thursday, September 8, 2016

" I'M THE LADY CHABLIS...HEAR ME ROAR"

The Lady Chablis, the transgender performer who became an unlikely celebrity for her role in the 1994 best-seller "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil," died today in Savannah. Chablis insisted on playing herself in 1997's "Midnight" movie directed by Clint Eastwood. Her birth name was Benjamin Edward Knox, but she legally changed it to The Lady Chablis around the time of the "Midnight" movie, and was even quoted as saying there'd be no movie, if she couldn't play herself. And Chablis, one of the southern staples, could  dance, lip sync, and emcee... her mother got the name Chablis off a wine bottle! It's a wonder my name wasn't Hendrick!!! She was a breakout star, no doubt about it. Her pure honesty she gave people, she didn't hold her tongue. She told you what she thought.
"If I catch any of you bitches near him, honey, I want you to know, you're gonna have to deal with the Lady Chablis, the Doll, the Grand Empress, and my mother fuckin ice pick. So keep your hands off that one,okay?"
'It's like my mom always used to say, Two tears in the bucket, mother fuck it."
'You better grow some nails honey, because if he's a gynecologist, he's mine."
'Yes, I'm a bitch and proud of it."
 
"Either he got some good ole stuff, girl, or you're horny as hell."
 
The Lady Chablis
March 11, 1957-September 8, 2016
Hat tip to Kailyne and Coco de Mere

10 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to watch the movie tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually caught her shows years ago when in Savannah. She was quite something, but even more so off stage. Sorry to hear she died so young too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hadn't heard that The Lady Chablis died today! Very sad. I only knew her from "The Garden of Good and Evil" movie but she made a big impact. Rest in Peace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love her tude!!!!! She was definitely the most memorable part of that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't very familiar with her but man she was beautiful ! I would have never known she was trans. I wish her family,friends and fans well. May she rest in peace.

    Mark
    The Male Casting Couch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sad. Up front and forward, yet classy. Just like our mistress! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. RIP. I never got to see the movie, but I love her attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  8. two tears in a bucket, mother fuck it.

    would make one hell of an epitaph.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9/09/2016

    She certainly had a way with words. Great to remember that.
    JP

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!