Thursday, September 22, 2016

BUMPS IN THE NIGHT

So, last night, like it hasn't already been crazy for me, was the Raven Resort's Annual End of season Pool Show. It's usually a very comically drag show. I didn't get home till almost midnight, where I proceeded to go right to bed. About 1am my phone rings, and it's my good friends the Lesbiantyrins from New York. They were at the Standard, still having a party hardy. I answer. Yes Kate, what is it? Were here hanging with this fabulous drag queen Amanda Lepore, have you heard of her? Why yes darling, I have. first off dear, she is a transexual and not a drag queen, but still a queen. She is only like club royalty, a fashion icon, and big time scenester. I absolutely adore her. Give her a kiss for me! Well they proceed to tell her I'm a admirer. Next thing I know Amanda is on the phone. I'd know her voice anywhere. For the next 40 minutes we discussed clubs of yester year, Lady Bunny, fashion, or lack of these days, the go go boy bar scene as we both like to support the arts, and South America and its men, where she gave me some lovely tips on how to handle the men on my trip there next summer. We then said our good bye. Totally cool. Who cares it was almost two in the morning and I had to be up at 4:30am.
 
Welcome to my life.

11 comments:

  1. That's pretty cool. Hell, the only late night call I ever get is a wrong number.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How you you find do it is beyond me. You wouldn't want to see me on two and a half hours sleep. Its not pretty. And when the phone rings late like that, it scares me to death. At least this was Ms.Lepore though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best things always happen after midnight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So this is what to diva's do late?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could be woken up in the middle of the night like that. Instead, I get my upstairs neighbors imitating Bigfoot when they walk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, but...an icon talked to you for almost an hour! How cool is that? Hope you slept well afterward. It's Friday, and when you get home from work, stroke one out and take a nap. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are certainly bumps in the night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It must have been like a phonecall from god... Jx

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1am? Does that time still exist? I need to get out more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to meet her one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!