Thursday, December 18, 2014

SHOPPING THERAPY WITH SOME GLITZ

 
I LOVE shopping , but must be in the mood to do so. I needed to get three last minutes gifts, and I knew I'd find what I was looking for at my location of desire. I needed a major fix of this joint, I was going through withdrawals mind you. One of my guilty pleasures is a shop in King of Prussia, an interior design company .....Aruhaus. Have you been????? Good luck getting me out of there!!!!! I could drop a fortune in there and part of someone else's too. I can never just walk pass it, it always beckons me like the poor sailors trying to avoid the sirens off a Greek Isle. Just take a peek......
 
 
First, I love how the store in laid out, very free flowing ,and the room set ups are stunning, love the colors they use ...gives me some great ideas. They also have phenomenal choices of lighting....
 
 
 
Ohhhhhhhh, above the bed perhaps????
 
 
Wait, sparkling barware alert!!!!!!!
 
 
Peek -a -boo.....
 
How cool is this???? Have so many books, but no more room on the shelves? Very cool way to still have them and display them, and their still easy to get to.
 
 Dear Santa, I  have tried my hardest to behave and stay out of too much trouble this year, but surely you don't expect miracles. I would just love to see this eggplant velvet chair under the tree come Christmas morn. I 'd be forever in your debit. Love-the Mistress.
 
Rub it nice and hard, and make a wish.......
 
 
What a cute place setting for a garden party......
 
I generally tend to get a major hard on for side chairs...this one is FABULOUS!
 
Cock anyone?
 
Looks like I was ahead of the curve with the deer head trend......
 
I love these deer heads so much, and majorly in love with the harlequin wall treatment, so much so, I am completing a major redo of the boudoir for spring. Thinking of one wall with the harlequins and in similar colors......
 
of course, I also love this color, but don't know, I change my mind quicker than my men.
 
It was another successful trip, I got my three gifts, plus some!!!! They put their purchases in a re-useable large canvas burlap bag, how cool is that? Many thanks to Gregory for allowing me to snap my pictures!!!!
Did you guys see anything to flip your fancy???

40 comments:

  1. We don't have this store, but I love the looks of it!!!! Very chic items they have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I been there??? YES.....this post had me swooning!!!!! Great taste in chairs, that velvet club chair is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess this is not the time to mention my trip to IKEA . . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh , I love Ikea, but was always a Crate and Barrel person myself.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous shop. Now if I rub it nice and hard, just right how many wishes will come?

    ReplyDelete
  5. William and I have been in several times. Most of our homes lighting came from here! Its hard to not come out empty handed. Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Side chairs are one of my favorite things. As for getting in the mood for shopping... you'd be shocked what $40 in gift cards can do to lift someone's mood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use Aurhaus alot for my clients. They always seem to have just the right amount of basic, but always have choc, clean lined furniture and unusual odd and ends. I too love those deer heads and that harlequin wall! BTW- YOU LOOK BUFF IN THE MIRROR! I see you

    ReplyDelete
  8. The books under glass. I brought home a bunch of old books from my parents..... Just need another hundred square feet of house...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a stunning store!!!!! I have seen at least 8 items just here to add to my Santa list. That first globe chandelier is exquisite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. You know I love my sparkle!

      Delete
  10. Now if a go go there and use your services my place would look spectacular and not like a fraternity house!!!! You probably come at a nice price I betting.i could always rub the lamp!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the mistress may get around, but never comes cheap.

      Delete
    2. Never comes cheap and often!

      Delete
  11. "Rub it nice and hard, and make a wish" - to how many men have you said THIS phrase? bwhahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many wonderful things to choose from! You have excellent taste of course! I love to get decorating ideas from other places too. Thanks for all the great pics. Those chairs are beautiful and I definitely wouldn't mind making room for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you! I need a bigger place. So nice to see you again, we missed you.

      Delete
  13. Some great things in there! Their furniture looks cool with style and not trendy. Now if I rub it nice and hard can we see more of what in the mirror?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Private showings are only on Saturday nights at midnight.

      Delete
  14. I will admit, you got good taste. But the one chandelier, perhaps above the bed. Don't you already swing from enough in the boudoir?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm with you on the harlequin sweetie, especially on that scale.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, I'll take some of that barware, the fabulous sidecahair, a could of those chandeliers and the handsome hunk in the mirror! The velvet chair is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The store, the decorations, the furnishings and especially the velvet chair are all to die for. But that tour guide is making me lust!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. With resources like this, it is any wonder your place is stunning? This place inspires me to step up my style at the house.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sparkling post!!! Their things are luxurious, I could be in their for hours looking and buying. I have a few pieces for my shop. LOVE that harlequin wall.....i say go for it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is why I love your blog....its always a feast for the eyes!!! I adore that reindeer in the first picture, or are my eyes deceiving me! And the genie lantern!!!!!! That had a chucking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the deer was silver. I loved it!!!!! Course I need a bigger place.

      Delete
  21. I get their catalog, but never visited a store. I think I need to. I love your pictures

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the fireplace with deer heads and that teal color is beautiful! I can see way one need a full wallet to go in with.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This store and king of Prussia are another reason were glad we moved....DECENT SHOPPING

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great store!!!!! They have such chic object de art!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!