Sunday, December 21, 2014

FOR TABITHA.....THE FAMILY RECIPE

 
The family recipe? Now that must sound like the Baldwin Sisters from the Waltons!! You may remember last Sunday my good blogger hostess with the mostess friend, Tabitha over at Badinage was the inspiration for my title of the post for my holiday home tour. Here we are again, back to Tabitha, who is from across the pond. I had heard this connoisseur of fabulous HAD NEVER PARTAKEN OF EGGNOG!!!!!
 Well we can't have that now can we???
And with a handy step by step guide!!!!!
 
Every year when friends or men suitors are visiting the Casa du Borghese during the holiday season, I always get a lot of compliments on the egg nog that I serve.  Do you need some holiday cheer? Need that extra lift to fight the crowds with a smile for holiday shopping? How about loosen up the stuffy bitches at work, or just putting everybody in a good mood at the office party, or perhaps turn that boring party into some fun? Well this egg nog will do the trick.....
 
 
Well fear not dear ones, I'm here to share my recipe!!!!! It has always brought about good times filled with much hilarity. At least from what I can remember. This recipe I promised Tabs I would post, and has been in my family for years, and now in the clutches of my favorite aunt.
 
Elder Family Egg Nog
 
6 EGG YOLKS
1 CUP GRANULATED SUGAR
2 PINTS COGNAC
1 CUP LIGHT RUM
1/2 bourbon
2 QTS LIGHT CREAM
6 EGG WHITES
1/2 10X SUGAR
 
IN A LARGE SWANK BOWL of course, BEAT AND I MEAN BEAT, WE KNOW YOU LIKE TO, YOLKS TILL NICE AND THICK, THEN ADD GRANULATED SUGAR BEATING AND BEATING TILL LIGHT.
 
SLOWLY STIR IN RUM, BOURBON, AND COGNAC. FEEL FREE TO SAMPLE MULTIPLE TIMES TO MAKE SURE THE HOOCH IS FRESH.
 
ADD 1 1/2 QTS CREAM AND 1/2 THE EGG WHITES AND BEAT UNTIL WILL COMBINED. I TOLD YOU THERE WOULD BE LOTS OF BEATING.
 
FINALLY BEAT,( OK, MY HAND IS GETTING TIRED, SOMEONE TAKE OVER) REMAINING EGG WHITES TILL FOAMY AND GRADUALLY ADD IN THE 10X SUGAR BEATING AFTER EACH ADDITION. FINALLY GRATE SOME FRESH NUTMEG, cinnamon or both,  OVER EACH CUP FOR YOUR GUEST.
 
ohhhhhh and would you look here, a batch is already made.......
 
 
You can then serve with some Pizzelle cookies, Sand Tarts or my personal favorite, hot mince pie or some homemade almond brittle. And I swear it will bring smiles. Last time I served it to my cute neighbor... we ended up examining the new flannel sheets and the thread count on my bed, And trust-two glasses is all one needs.
Tootles and be in good health!

22 comments:

  1. I do believe there is a lot more nog than egg... sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think you'd love it. If your not a big drinker, just cut way back on the hootch, and it still has a great taste without the green house effect!!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm hear to tell you having tried this its the nectar of the gods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your testimonial, but if you dance around again with lampshades on your head, your banned.

      Delete
  3. I would LOVE to sample your nog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gurl, its the richest and ceramist I'll bet you tasted!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  4. "I always get a lot of compliments on the egg nog that I serve" - is that a euphemism? Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Euphemism? One taste dear, and you tell me. It goes down so smooth...............

      Delete
  5. Anonymous12/21/2014

    You have made my Christmas, thank you so so much!
    I will whip it, whip it good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And even though it's a cold libation, its wonderful on a cold night, as it has a warming effect. Your so welcome Tabitha.

      Delete
  6. You? Tired of beating? I never thought we'd see the day! Sound yummy though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what the houseboys are for..........to take over

      Delete
  7. I too thank you for the recipe. Sound very decadent! I have tried the per made and didn't care for it. And with mince pie!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's NOTHING like home-made egg nog, especially if it's as booze-infused as yours! Lots of work though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shame with out technology you can't send some of that lovely holiday beverage over the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm definitely going to have to try that yummy recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too will have to try this. I have only tried the store bought and never had any alcohol in it. Sounds like this might make me break the law!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Handsome, " I never broke any laws, but have cracked a few"- Mae West.

      Delete
  12. We have no drink like this in Brazil although I have heard it. I am going to make this and it will be a hit of all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After a couple cutie, you'll be the hit of the party.

      Delete
  13. Great Recipe!
    I use eggnog every year on solstice to keep from falling over when the Earth tips..

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!