Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My Day in New York....with Harry



You may recall last week I was away with all kinds of work related things. But fun things. Since the Christmas trim is all complete, it is pretty much smooth sailing through the season now. So we usually go through New York for a couple days to see the others stores and their windows. This year the Mistress's company had a special treat of having Harry Connick Jr on hand to sing some carols after the windows were revealed. And I'm here to tell you that he was handsome as ever. When he completed his set and went through the crowd, the Mistress grabbed his ass and he gave me a wink back! OH ALL RIGHT! Can't I daydream? Anywho, he did a wonderful set putting me in the mood early, for Christmas that is. I'm not big on Christmas ditties to much before Thanksgiving myself. Our windows this year reflected traditional Christmas and famous duos who are lined up to sit on Santa's lap. Some of them were Mark Anthony and Cleopatra, Batman and Robin, and even the first couple!















They were quite cute this year. After that We went to other stores to view their windows. I post them in separate posts. There are too many to put in here, but I do want to share them. Later in the week we had a stunning fashion show in our At Your Service Salon.



We even got a beautiful goodie bag. A Burberry overnight bag filled with two James Perse shirts, colognes, candy, corporate visual binder and pens, bottled water, Chanel cremes and a compass. Not sure what the compass as to do with anything except it may come in handy when I'm loss next time in the woods with some Chanel cremes! Up next in the week was a spring fashion seminar to view the spring forth coming trends. So it was a busy week but a fun one. I post the other windows next week some time. Tootles!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/24/2009

    Great windows!! Will these be done in Minneapolis too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all so interesting! Thanks for the tour(s).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harry could put me in the mood for a lot of things.

    And did I see mention of a Burbery bag? Seems like I need to pay you a visit -- with my extra large suitcase. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maddie, exceptional windows! Glad your time with Harry was grand. The use of color and lighting is stunning in these photos. Festive doesn't even begin to describe them. looking forward to seeing the other photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think New York this time of year would be neat to see. You have a great job though with all that creativty. You will have to show me around when I come to the East coast sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All those beautiful windows and Harry Connick, Jr.!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love going to New York for the holidays to see the stores. What beautiful windows! And to hear Harry in person sing? For free yet! You do have the best job girl! And a fricking goofie bag. I agree with Kailyn, I so need to hang with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning windows! Your company does a very nice job! I love to tour the cities looking at XMAS windows! I can't wait to see the rest of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do have a cool job to see what you do and all you get to do! Very neat. Did you help with these? You've got many talents, I'm just wondering how many! LOL! aND TO SEE HARRY ALSO! Bitch! He is just hot with that voice.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!