Sunday, July 19, 2009

Local Spot- A Day in the Park

What a wonderful, beautiful day it was in Philadelphia today. We slept in and got around at our usual snail's pace and then the Mistress and Boy-Toy decided to take Buster Bolfig Borghese in to town to see other dogs and we could get some boy watching in. We decided to go to the Washington Square Park in the southeast part of the city. It is quite a beautiful section too see and not far from Independence Hall. Washington Square Park was designated in 1682 and is one of five original parks or "squares" laid out in a city plan by Ben Franklin himself and William Penn, and is located in the Washington Square West and Society Hill neighborhoods. Fellow Philadelphians were out in full force and Buster got to see all kinds of other playmates, big and small. Not to mention the Mistress and Boy-Toy met their muscle boy, I mean, gentlemen owners! Here is a row of carriages awaiting some business across from Independence Hall.



Here is the Independence Hall.




One of the entrances to Washington Square Park.


And the park itself.








There was also many street mistrals walking about playing many different forms of music that just made the afternoon all the better.This was a group of young women play their instruments of choice. And Buster Bolfig seemed to enjoy taking a squat and a listen.





After departing the park we headed back up to center city to dine at our favorite South American eatery Mixto. We got the last outdoor table and enjoyed a delish dinner and some lovely summer beverages. And of course some prime real estate to guy watch, I mean, people watch. Why the Mistress keeps going back to men I have no idea. We are all about equal opportunity here people. And the weird thing was the Mistress and Boy-Toy had their picture taken like four times while dinning. And then when we though it safe, after dinner we departed Mixto and around the corner to bump into more paparazzi, I am so not kidding, and they wanted us to pose for pictures for the city paper of residents milling about the neighborhood. THANK-GOD the Mistress wore the swank summer up-do bouffant wig! Tootles!

14 comments:

  1. Boy Toy7/19/2009

    For realz. Of all the days to look like shit...

    ...too many damn people wandering around snapping their damn cameras.

    In all actuality, a very nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it is not easy to be the Mistress, that much is obvious. So many demands made... Thank Gawd both the Mistress and the Boy-Toy are naturally beautiful and photo-ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry but all those photos made me think of was the movie, "National Treasure." Because the one with the statues/ bas relief? Isn't that where the schoolboy sat when he was giving up the cipher? (Yeah, I watch the movie way too much.)

    My solution to those folks with cameras? Wear shades and know how to duck the head just so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sure was a beautiful day, that is for sure. I love the parks in the city. It's like watching street theather.I am sometimes in Rittenhouse Square mens watching. Looks like a real nice day. Glad your back girl!!! A nice vacation too I see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mistress Maddie #1 Fan7/20/2009

    How can anyone ever get tired of men watching? I bet their was plenty to see also. I need to get back to Philly soon for some more sites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howard- you are way too sweet, but I'm not sure about that second comment! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun day and, I swear, that is one cute Buster.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good thing you had Buster Bolfig along to be on guard duty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7/20/2009

    What great photos! When I visit, will you give me the grand tour?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so need to get to Phialdelphia. Why do I have to feeling you can find fun in everything? If I make it there we can make it a foursome with you, the Boy-Toy and Michael for a grand tour and boy watching! And that Buster- cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great phots Maddie...I think In'Ja might be a little jealous!

    XOXOX love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the tour! Buster is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a delightful day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have not been to Philly in ages. I should come back again. I hear they have really cleaned up the city and the night life to great I hear. Looks like it was a great day. And the pup is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!