Sunday, October 8, 2023

LATE NIGHT...RODRIGO Y GABRIELA

Something of a different flavor this late night. Rodrigo Sanchez and Gabriela Quintero, the dueling-acoustic-guitar duo known as simply, Rodrigo y Gabriela, have been through changes. From taking guitar lessons together in Mexico City to busking in Dublin to selling out venues worldwide, without a lead vocalist or the trapping of being commercialized into a big-name music act, the musicians' rise to fame has been utterly unconventional. Their bare-bones, fast-fingered style has sparked nine albums and in 2020 their first ever Grammy win...and still, they keep their act small and to smaller venues. I've loved their music for some time, and recently caught them with the Austin Symphony on the latest Austin City Limits. Very cool two different music styles come together and sound amazing.


Here's a small snippet from Austin City Limits.

17 comments:

  1. I was in awe while watching the first number. But the Austin City Limits video gave me goose flesh. It's incredible to see brilliantly talented people who live in their music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that you may like them, Mitchell!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous. And amazingly talented people to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definite hint of Spanish tempo in their music, but I'm more a Joan Baez fan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Accoustic just doesn't bode well in large venues. it's quite smart of them to stick to the small ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always enjoyed the smaller venues more so...even when I saw Madonna's Madame X show.

      Delete
  5. Amazing virtuosity! Thanks for introducing me to their music! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aye carumba! This is right up my alley. Thanks for sharing this.

    FYI, I decided to shutter my blog last night. Don't worry. I'll still be around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT?!?!?!?! I don't recall you posting about that?

      Girl, your readers will feel jilted I tell ya!!! You're welcome around this joint anytime!!! Which you better be?!?! I've known you years now, lol!!!!

      Delete
  7. I love this so much!! They know their instruments! Thank you for posting from Austin City Limits! I missed it last night!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love guitar music, and I have one of their cd's so you know I loved this!!!! The Austin City performance was awesome with the symphony too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These 2 are Phenomenal!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me gusta! Buena cancion!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it!!!! But then I love me some guitar playing. Great sound they have and their both gorgeous humans.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never heard of them but I thoroughly enjoyed what I heard.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rodrigo Sanchez is so cute and sexy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got that right!!!!! Notice how I made sketches!

      Delete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!