Friday, May 1, 2020

IN THREE WORDS

You know what to do. 
Each week I'll share a weekly guest with you all, and you tell me in only three words what come to mind. 

In three words...
Stephen Sondheim
In honor of  his 90th birthday this week, how's about a nice ode to the master tonight. A tip of the hat to Brit Jon for sharing the first clip. I just hope someone can catch Bob when he see's these two clips.

I'd be remised if I didn't included a drag rendition of the song, performed by the FABULOUS Jinkx Monsoon, who brings the place down.

I'll drink to that!

25 comments:

  1. Brilliant musical composer.

    LOVED. THE .CLIPS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. unprecedented, complexity, sophistication.

    Loved the first clip...that was indeed entertaining. I adore all those ladies. And you know I always LOVED the Jinkx version. I still can't believe Jinkx's voice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Into the Woods.

    Both those versions are amazing and uplifting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is what I was planing to say !

      Delete
  4. Best...hands down.

    Jinkx may be the best vocalist of a drag queen I've heard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A. Living. God.

    Jx

    PS thanks (again) for the shout-out - I almost fell off my seat when I saw that Meryl Streep/Christine Baranski/Audra McDonald version...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant. Composer. Lyricist.

    Not everyone can sing his stuff and do it justice, it's tough to sing. Really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, of course we watched the special because...Broadway!

      Delete
  7. Music, lots, music

    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant Broadway legend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Literally no idea.

    xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In three words: shame. on. you.

      Delete
    2. I bet you know his musicals thought Hot Guys!

      Delete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!