Tuesday, May 26, 2020

A FOREST, A PANDEMIC AND A UNLIKELY SHOWER


For those of you who read regularly, it comes as no surprise I love to go glamping. No camping darling. Do I look like a queen who likes it rough? No hunties, this is glamping darling, to say, it's a form of camping involving comfy accommodations and facilities more luxurious than those with traditional camping. I mean we drink cock-a-tails while taking a drive in a golf cart for sweet Mother of Pearl! But I do my fair share of walks and hikes too. Me and my good friend Mamie, AKA David Dust, had booked three trips for glamping this year at the ever fun and magical Woods Campground. With the current situation going on we played it by ear. Since all my other vacations, and scheduled events canceled quicker then trumps incoming fast food orders, I thought this might be the only salvaging of any normalcy to have a get away. Our only worry was the Woods, a LGBTQ clothing optional campground is a very open, very friendly, all inclusive atmosphere, and the crowd can swell very large, they have the best events and theme weekends. We just worried how are they going to pull this off, and do we for sure go?  My other good friend, who has a site there, and another who is part owner,  assured us they had rules and regulations in place for social distancing and mask wearing. The cafĂ© and dance hall were closed, but take out was available. Masks have to be worn in common areas,  such as the store, the common decks, the check-in office, and the bonfire they have nightly. Hot tubs were closed and the pool was open, and chaise lounges were moved to 8 ft spacings. even with these guidelines we decided we'd stay on the site most of the time anyway, and we took things for our meals . And it was too cool to swim anyhow. We did venture out for a few walks and golf cart rides.  I was very pleasantly surprised to see everyone was practicing the rules and not once was there any over crowding at all. The camp had said anyone not following rules would be told to leave and not permitted back for the rest of summer. While it was definitely more low key then in the past, I think they did the right things. Most people kept to their own sites or groups, and everyone respected everyone else's space.  It was just nice to be able to have a get-a-way, relax, unwind, take in and be one with nature, plus good fun and company with close friends. The weather in the Poconos Mountains was pretty nice too, warmer then I expected, though, we did have a few showers Friday And Saturday.

But that didn't stop the Mistress from some spectacle and fun.
The Mistress got on her garb and gloves as Miss Pam Demic for the drunken golf cart rides. That certainly seemed to spread some cheer around camp. Nothing like watching me on a golf cart with cock-a-tail splashing about everywhere.

One of the many lovely paths to walk about.
Our site with cabin
the Shake and Bake Pop-Up! It was quite this time...no shaking.
Much to my friend Wayne's dismay I create these little rock sculptures all  over his site in such random places.
Here's a bigger one in a stream down one trail I walked. Patience is key.

A teardrop camper I fell in love with and for sale!!! Hmmmmmm

A early morning walk at the lake on Saturday
Nothing. NOTHING like a warm outdoor shower. All open air. One of my other favorite things here. I would have an outdoor shower if I could. Plus it was nice to see a few naked men emerge from said showers in person, so that was a plus. The first naked men I have seen in three months!!!! Did I just say that?
The beautiful  sky at the lake Sunday morning.

 Of course the best part of this,  and every trip is the campfire, where we sit, listening to old house music, and regale stories,  eat and drink. One thing the Mistress can do is build a campfire! 
Never mind the fact we emptied two half gallons of fire ball. My apologies for not featuring more juicy, campy, fun photos like I always do when I go up, but like I said, we didn't leave the site much, and it was much more lower key. But this just shows the Mistress can behave herself in a pandemic.

44 comments:

  1. I LOVE THE CAMPER! buy it! and naked menz are always sweet to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those things!!!! It is basically a bed inside and a small table and this it.

      Delete
  2. So....if you get that little teardrop I can come stay with you???? I want to go here so badly. Nice to hear they did a good job with the social distancing and open with responsibility. I LOVE out door showers too. I liked the pictures actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cutie...you wouldn't be able to get your pecs through that door!!!!

      Delete
  3. Hahahaha Two half gallons of fireball? Whooo!
    I would have loved those walks! Such peace.
    Also, Danny could help me improve my downward dog pose, I think?
    That teardrop is way too cute! Oh, now I want one.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe you would love the trails there. One can keep going for hours on them.

      Delete
  4. I've seen sculptures like that before in "The Blair Witch Project." Hear any screams in the night?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trailer is cute! And all pictures
    nice, especially the rock sculptures.
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is such a nice way to spend the weekend. And you guys prove fun can be had responsibly in this current climate. Most people don't have self awareness and that's the problem. Those lake pictures are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bwahahahaha love the form with the wig and glasses!!!! The pictures looked good to me...but could we not get one with you in the shower???? I need to visit here. Maybe this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does this mean you got shower head!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh ....how i too love a nice smelling camp fire. Nice to hear it all went well and no much worry once there. You know....if you don't work all summer you can always come to quiet ole Ptwon for some time?!?!?!?!?! This was the quietest year in all my twenty some years seeing a empty Memorial Day. Lovely post dear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miss Pam Demic, LOL! Glad you had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Miss Pam Demic is going to be a new personality dear.

      Delete
  11. The first in three months, you must be ready to explode

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely get-away, sweetpea! Getting away around here is the backyard and sitting around the firepit (propane fired), but I will not complain (out loud anyway)! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Miss Pam Demic, I LOVE it! So glad that the Glamping went spectacularly and that everyone was mature about following guidelines instead of going Buck Wild like I'm seeing at so many other Venues that lost control completely. It sounds like the Perfect Getaway and Danny is certainly easy on the Eyes, I'd take a Yoga Class if the Instructor looked like that, even tho' my contortionist days are long behind me now. *LOL* Hopefully you returned refreshed and renewed, Lock Down really can drain the Life right out of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if the normal sized crowd had been there, and I saw no attention to rules and regulations by the staff or guest I would have pulled sake and left. But the attendance was WAY WAY down. And it was refreshing with good close friends who you know are also safe. And yes....Danny is very easy on the eyes. And so sweet.

      Delete
  14. 0.0 Oh my lord I want to learn yoga!!!

    Yup glamping sounds good to me! I'm not sleeping in one of those sandwich bags for bears, no thank you. Give me a comfy bed... and you can put Cali in there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we're all gonna fit in that tear drop dear, unless, UNLESS we do a horizonal stack of us!!!!!

      I only included that picture of Danny for you. You commented once when I featured him once before. I think of you!

      Delete
  15. So nice to be able to get out in nature. I think that is a great place to be right now. How I wish I could have been there with out. I love when I met you there. I cancelled both of my trips there...I didn't know what to expect from flying. How I will miss it this year. It's where I met you after all. I love your picture...no good...NON SENESE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed you too. You were in the Shake and Bake with me last year!!!!

      Delete
  16. I loved reading this. You are aware this will be a diary of sorts for you to look about and record what happened I this plight. While lower key, it sounds like you had a blast. I too have read much about this place.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So that like one of your glamping trips without all the dirty parts?????

    Still sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These days you could fit my sex life on a paper in a fortune cookie honey.

      Delete
  18. Oooh, I love that Little Camper!

    And such a gorgeous spot, all that nature and shiz.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I too enjoyed the post. The picture I enjoyed seeing and glad to read people didn't act all crazy, but with responsibility. The lake with the fog picture was my favorite.

    The next pandemic, or should I say Pam Demic, I'm quarantining with you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think a get away like this is just the ticket to clear the mind and get the exhaust out. I too enjoyed those pictures, but am confused why you didn't have someone snap a picture of you n the shower!!!! From these posts I like it always sound so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great pictures! I love the rock sculptures.

    But some of these comments are cracking me up!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It all looks great!
    I think you should buy the camper. It's just you!
    Glad you had a good time. It's what we all need right now. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I was still working I might consider the little camper. But the nice thing about the Woods is you can be as social or not social as you want. So many ways to spend time there.

      Delete
  23. Oh what a fun toned down visit. Like many others I find that teardrop to be quite charming. What’s the old saying? Don’t come knocking of this camper’s rocking? I think you may need to upgrade the suspension. I’m sure it was great to get out and about and see others. See, the community can follow the rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you know why Huntley they call the pop up I stay in is called the Shake and Bake!!! I t was nice to be outside for most of the time, and even better the rules were followed.

      Delete
  24. I enjoyed this post no only for the beautiful pictures but I thin it will now be interesting to see to read how this will be changing our daily life and vacation locales even further. So far I think more then not, people have shown they act like heinous, especially at beaches and parks. And the wig form looks like trumps, so I hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh have you seen that rats nest of a wig he wears? He doesn't have a wig form. He probably throws it on the bedpost knob.

      Delete
  25. ...beautiful series of images... love the way you let us join with you on walks and trips by allowing us to share - properly socially distanced, of course - by the wonderful narratives and images!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the feeling you would absolutely love this place Luke! Many, many photo opportunities. You should check out there website sometime.

      Delete
  26. This looks so wonderful. I'm glad everyone respected the rules. I would buy that camper in a heartbeat! And, of course, your cairns are works of art (and engineering).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mitchell. It was something fun and of non sense to pass the time. Maybe one day they will be right up there with the great Inca works, or Stonehenge!!!!!

      Delete
  27. im so not used to you handling rocks...just lots of wood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its those deep hurting splinters I can't take.

      Delete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!