Friday, November 15, 2019

COVER OF A MAGAZINE

The cover of  magazines this month have graced some of my favorites. As part of my job, our visual department on their behalf,  has sent to us several fashion periodicals so we can stay up on the latest and up and coming trends as our bibles for fashion and for inspiration when it comes to styling the groupings of mannequins in the store and for windows.  So, I will admit to being a bit more overjoyed and more tickled at the cover subject, then what the trends have been. Let's have a peek at my favorites shall we?  One of my all time favorite actresses has always been Helena Bonham Carter, who I feel is much under appreciated...but she always plays a memorable character and adds such color and quirk to many a film. Remember Dark Shadows? It would have been a total lost without her in it.
Helena Bonham Carter was interviewed in London at Annabel's for Town & Country’s cover. In it she shares how Princess Margaret remained true to herself, her family connection to Princess Margaret, how her meeting went with Margaret’s former flame Roddy Llewellyn, and how she’s felt Hollywood change for women after 40
Julianne Moore has always been a favorite. She has never looked more vibrant and stunning on this month's WSJ. has she? The Academy Award–winning actress has inhabited an inimitable range of characters, appearing in 70-plus films. Beyond Hollywood, Moore has also channeled her voice into one of her most notable roles yet: activist.
You know I love my girl Lizzo. She is bold, brave and proves you don't have to be a stick bitch and starving yourself to be fun and fashionable. I think she looks great the way she is and I love that she embraces it. Kudo's to British Vogue for having her grace the cover.
Lady Gaga, who I adore more for fashion then acting and singing, is fresh off the launch of her makeup line, Haus Laboratories, the Oscar-winning, Grammy-slaying Lady Gaga, the original multifaceted female mogul and an early champion of emotional well-being, about her exponential career path and her battles with mental health issues. Gaga also opens about her personal growth from both pain and kindness and what she sees as her mission now.  And of course she is wearing my favorite designer for the cover, Marc Jacobs!
It's like a gay boy's wet dream this month!!!!

And now let's usher in this weekend with some of the fun and fabulous Lizzo shall we, in the lively video-Tempo.

24 comments:

  1. First, LIzzo looks absolutely fantastic. She's a very pretty girl, but that personality makes her shine.
    Helena is kooky and fab. I wonder what her closets look like.
    Now, Julianne is one of my fav actresses. I think she's prettier now than when she did, let's say. Boogie Nights. I think she's looked her best in Far from Heaven and in A Single Man.
    And do you have a mood board? I'd like to see that. Your creative process I bet is fantastic.


    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh....a Single Man was one of my favorite movies!!!!! And handsome...now that you mention it...this whole blog is my mood board of sorts. A reason why it is so visual. Good call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why we don't see Julianne Moore in films more often. I adore her and can't get enough of her performance in The Importance of Being Earnest. She is so deliciously conniving it makes me want to take up extortion.

    Helena is wonderful. She borders on the fringes of camp without turning her characters into caricatures. And now that she's playing Princess Margaret in The Crown makes me want to renew my Netflix membership.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Walter on both accounts. We should have a movie night!!!! And I started following you on the gram tootes!

      Delete
  4. I love me some HBC and those photos are fabulous.

    And Lizzo? Yes. Yes. Yes.

    Finally, Gaga best be careful because one of those photos has an Evita tome to it, and Madge mat send out the Flying Monkeys ... again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gaga's face is just not made for still photos. It's like all the pieces are good, but they don't add up. She always looks so much better in film or video. Ms Moore, on the other hand, looks fabulous in any medium.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know im a big dick bitch that need a the tempo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite of your bunch here is Lady G. She's managed (like Babs) to defy the odds. When Hollywood found then too "strange looking" they broke the mold, proving that talent can win out. I'd suspect the same of Lizzo.
    Btw - Thanks for the recent recommendation. Hugs! Have a fantastic weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots and lots of talent!
    xoxoxoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I mist het that Town and Country i simple adore Helena Bonham Carter. I like this post and would love your job....ypu het all the magazine's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you forget how to speak English Agnes?

      Delete
    2. Do you smell toast Agnes?

      Delete
  10. As a big black gal.....i just adore Lizzo!!! Growing up there weren't too many role models. She is bog and bold, and proves its just fine. Bit i love all these women.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are all great actresses for covers. I enjoy them all immensely

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was all going so well till the GaGa moment. Hey ho. Love Miss Helena of the Bonham-Carters, and I have a sneaking fondness for Lizzo, but have to admit that despite her prolific career I have never seen a single one of Miss Moore's films, so it's a case of {shrugs} where she is concerned.

    It's a nice perk of the job, mind you, to get "first dibs" at the world's most stylish magazines... Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gaga I like for fashion but it ends there with me...Bonham Carter is my favorite....shhhhhh. She may even be entering patron sainthood one day...…

      And yes the periodicals are a nice perk...and they come to the abode! So I can peruse in peace mind you.

      Delete
  13. I like Carter's bored Princess Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julianne Moore comes up in my auto correct, the rest cause it to say "who"? You don't mess with auto correct, it knows awl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never heard of lizzo here, but the other three all look great. Helena has been been so enjoyable in everything from Sweeny Todd, to the Harry Potter movies to Cinderella. She is just quooky enough.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love JM, and Lizzo is fast becoming one of my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful corners. I am considering a Lizzo number for next year's show.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!