Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Halloween Hootenanny


Here I go again, getting busy with this work thing!!!!
 
I was very busy with work yesterday and didn't have much time to do a daily post, but all is back to normal again! This past weekend I was off to a little soiree at the Capital Street Duo's townhouse, yet, STILL un-named, but I digress. Anywho, if your a regular reader of this blog, you'll know my good friend Dame Courtney , when it comes to decorating, goes big or goes home, and did she ever pull out the stops for Halloween!!!!!! Now mind ya, all the decor you will see is all vintage! She sure is talented and I must say the place really put one into the spirit of things!!!!!! Although, I wouldn't care to receive her electric bill.
 
 
Trixie was back to greet everyone! Meanwhile inside........
 
 
Skeletons invaded the funeral corner. If your in need of a lobotomy I'm sure the Dame has the vintage paraphernalia to complete the task!
 
 
A overview of the parlor looking into the bar area. The vintage shoe collection on the beam has been replaced with lit jack o lanterns! The sleigh is filled with accordion crepe paper balls.
 
 
An owl theme above the fireplace
 
 
Witches on the sideboard in the bar area.
 
 
An all pumpkin theme in the parlor.
 
 
I love the little trees through the place with orange lights. I can't help but wonder if the Dogs Mother would party on down in here, after a mulled cider?
 
 
 
Loved all the pumpkins and orange everywhere. The orange color is synonymous with Halloween, in this country at least... To some it's quite frightful and others think it’s just simply delightful…. a color that you either love or hate. Bold pumpkin orange always casts a bittersweet autumnal glow though.Orange is the color of Halloween because it is associated with the fall harvest festival, the Celtics were given credit for this. Jack o' lantern pumpkins originated in Ireland where people placed candles in hollowed-out turnips to keep away spirits and ghosts. A fact, use it as your wish!
 
 
EEEEEEKKKKK!
 
 
I really must say.... I enjoyed myself thoroughly, and I'm sure the shots of mulled strongly spiked cider,  and all the Gin and tonics helped also!!!!!! I had to be unzipped and put to bed!  I don't know how I got up so early the next day, but I managed as the Dame and I headed out to Carlisle to go antique shopping for the day. My find this time?
 
 
This lovely pheasant trivet from the 50's for a whooping $10.00!!!! I simply couldn't leave it behind and it compliments my kitchen so!
 

34 comments:

  1. Now that does put me into the sprirt of Halloween! I may go get a pumpkin of my own. So fun to look at! But I don't know how you two got up after that kind of drinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All lovely, but a funeral corner? The Dame has a few screws loose no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am humbled!!
    I only have 15 pumpkins on the mantle... for now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think she may need a few more light-ups myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to see the Dame doesn't get into decorating much! When I see those paper crepe balls it brings back my grandmother who use them for the same holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Orange my favorite color, and I love it to bits. I am not particularly fond of the autumn-ish orange though. the light, citrus orange is my favorite shade, light those lovely light up pumpkins! That owl brings back memories, haven't seen one of those in YEARS!

    I am soo happy that you chose to post the Dame's place, always so neat to see.

    Speaking of which, those orange lights garlands are to DIE for...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that screams Halloween. I have a skeleton on my door like the ones here only much bigger, with a added element on the groin area. Did you sleep in a coffin while there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one wants to hear about your junk hanging around on your door.

      Delete
  8. Fabulous house! I can't help wonder did anyone play the organ like Phantom Of the Opera? I think the tress are pretty cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it all but that witch is too cool above the door like that! Love the socks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks so much for the Halloween trivia, you learn something new every day! What a great festive house for a Halloween party! Very haunting yet nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How interesting. I love all the seasonal decorations! Reminds me of when I was younger and it seemed every house had decorations for every holiday. Nice to see at least someone continuing a tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The most beautiful Halloween post I have seen thus far.. How fun it all is! And the trivet is adorable. You find the best deals, I swear.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing says autumn like orange, and pumpkins, and this house! Did you all bob up and down for, ahhhh, apples?

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! vintage jack o'lanterns! your friends really get into the "spirit" (see what I did there?) of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous10/23/2013

    This is the kind of post that reminds me why I love to take Halloween off from work. I can't this year but I already have it on my vacation schedule for 2014. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. No one throws a really good hootenanny anymore.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such attention to details!!!!! I really love it and would love to be there to see all the little details! How can you not love Halloween?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my god that is so festive! I love the owls the best! How long that all that take? Hours I'm guessing. Love the trivet!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is amazing! Reminds us of when we were small kids! A party there would be fun and get you into the fall mood. Makes me wonder if we have ever been there? That witch is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You very well might have. Did you see stuffed birds?

      Delete
  20. My favorites are all the pumpkins! The Duo must be popular on treat or treat night? They must receive many compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is great! And the mulled spiked cider sounds good! Did it knock you out?

    ReplyDelete
  22. So nice to see someone who still likes to acknowledge the holidays like this.makes me want to go to a party now. Love the trees also how fun. Very creative Dame!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Getting into Halloween are we??

    ReplyDelete
  24. spooky!

    Skulls, witches, owls ,pumpkins, and witches brew hands down. My neighbor has the best halloween decor , but it doesn't even compare to this! Vintage really is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It 's a Halloween Spooktacular!!!!! That is just amazing! Nice to change up the décor seasonally like this. Does the Dame make house calls? Actually, I just really prefer the candy that is in that bucket!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Scary.. spooky all the way! Wow those decorations are amazing and so are the witch outside the house! I'd love to see this in person!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nothing screams Halloween like a couple hundred light up figurines. And where did you get my outfit for the witch?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!