Monday, November 21, 2011

Turkey Spared from Oven



This will be the last turkey story I swear. I don't know what all this interest in turkeys is all of a sudden, except filling my stomach with it! I saw this over the weekend and thought it was cute. Did you hear about this turkey spared from the oven?
You'd think most turkeys would be afraid of the oven, but a brave bird in Coggeshall, England, was actually saved by one. Tom the turkey, a resident of Howard Blackwell's farm, began wandering into the farmhouse kitchen last month, seeking heat from the hearth. Here's the story from Mr Blackwell.

"It didn't matter how many times I threw Tom out, he kept managing to get inside the kitchen nearly every morning," says Blackwell.

As time went on, Tom began bringing his turkey lady friend Tara with him on his visits. "We thought it was sweet that he brought Tara in from the cold and snow," farm staffer Sam Lythgo tells PEOPLEPets.com. Adds Blackwell, "When I saw the two of them cuddled up outside the oven one morning, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry."
The couple's cuteness paid off: Because of their almost human-like qualities, Blackwell decided to spare them and make them farm pets instead of Christmas dinner. Lythgo says Blackwell treated the couple to their own big dinner in front of the kitchen's oven, serving them a "delicious" feast with "all the trimmings." And now? Lythgo says they're "enjoying a well-earned rest until next month where they will get there own Christmas feast."

These birds should count their blessings, I'd say it was a narrow escape!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/22/2011

    I love how they got their own dinner with all of the trimmings - I just hope they didn't eat a relative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute story, I hadn't heard it! Lucky birds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. un angel mas en el cielo amy winehouse siempre fue un angel bello y siempre estara con nosotros

    ReplyDelete
  4. The turkey's story is cute but they would still end up on my table!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great story loved it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe they should have put feed leading into the oven......

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!