Monday, November 7, 2011

My Relationship with Getting a Haircut!



What a lovely weekend. Not much going on for the Mistress except a lovely date with the Lad and finalizing plans for a upcoming weekend trip, and got caught up with many must do's on my honey do list! Except Friday. You know how it is in life...When you find something you really enjoy, or something that works well for you, you continue with that! Like my gin. I love Hendrick's the best! Well, the same goes for getting a haircut! As many of you know, it's difficult to find someone to cut your hair who does it well, and when you find that special hairstylist, you keep going to them on a regular basis. Up until Friday, I had the most amazing Tasha cut my hair. I would show up, plop my ass down in her chair, and watch her work her MAGIC! She was also wonderful about suggesting slight & subtle changes to the haircut from time to time, to switch things up a bit and keep me from getting into a rut... Then, she dropped the bomb on me on Friday... "I'm Moving." NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! After pulling the dagger out of my heart, took a bromide, and then a deep breath, I decided that it was probably best to go on living anyway... I can get through this. But Tasha has always had a way about her. Besides her being swank, I actually like getting a haircut while it's being done. It's like a mini-massage for the head, and yes...at times I get that wonderful 'tingling' feeling! I also look foward to the gossip with the other girls!



But the best part about my Tasha is that getting a haircut can be a therapy session! While sitting in that chair, I could say anything I wanted to her, and she had no choice but to listen! Where was she going to go? BUT...my Tasha did more than listen. She would ask questions or just randomly make little noises of agreement to let me know that she was with me on this personal journey of self-discovery! She and I even critiqued the hot guys that would walk in!!!! And had talk of out favorite clubs, cock-a-tails, and the guys we are dating, and we even both existed our relationships at the same time! Oh well... I admit...I've given in to defeat. Maybe I'll try the spa where I get my other treatments done, they always seem nice and welcoming there. Maybe the hot handsome guy for a change. But they better give me the un-ruly, messy, spiky, must-ed up look I'm used too!!! Do you know how hard it is to get my hair to look this messy?



So...I need a new place to get my haircut!

Unless they charge the same outrageous price as my monthly Gin intake...then I'll pass....

20 comments:

  1. Hello Mistress:
    How timely that we have just arrived at your delicious blog, for we can help. Your prayers are answered, a stylish cut is but a short flight away, a handsome hairdresser awaits!

    We spend most of our time in Budapest and AndrĂ¡s has tended our lustrous locks for some years now. Indeed, even though he was recently head hunted to a salon in Vienna, he returns on Mondays and Tuesdays to The Motherland in order to tend to us and his other loyal clients.

    Wild, messy, spiky,you name it and the style of your dreams will be yours and all for a fraction of the price that we are used to in London. And, if this is not enough to tempt you, then surely the lure of cut price dental treatment [a speciality of Budapest] is reason enough for you to drop whatever you are doing and check it all out! Just be careful asking for implants, there may be some confusion there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11/07/2011

    Now that I'm growing my hair out again, I need to search for a new hair stylist as well. I'm not looking forward to that either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nearly sank into a huge depression when my Ruth said she was quitting the business to have a family.
    Hetero-say-what?
    But....like Ms Gaynor.....I survived.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The horror, you only have 3-5 weeks to find a new place. Get Busy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11/07/2011

    I know exactly what you mean Mistress. Finding the right stylist is hell. When we moved back to NYC from Atlantrix last year, one of the first people I called up was my hair wizard, Richard. That goodness he was still working at the same salon. After 45 minutes of chit chat, I walked outta that salon looking like a shiny new penny - and with attitude to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So this is an EXCELLENT topic. A terrible haircut is one thing that will drive me crazy. Since I've been traveling for work I've had to *shudder* cut my own hair TWICE now! I cannot wait to get back to San Deigo to have a "real" haircut again, even if it is from a cheap ass place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Find a cute stylist to go on date with then on the date tell them you think you need a haircut, then they'll offer...go in and get a cut, and be charged $10 like the guy did yesterday...oh and did i say free wine while i got the cut?LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do what I do and just wear a hat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well try finding someone who does your haircut AND wigs!!!! I hear your pain sister!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry about the loss of your hairstylist. You'll eventually move on to someone else, you and I both know.

    But it'll never be the same as it was, will it? No. No it won't.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Been there too! it has been years since i haven't had that sense of needing to look in the mirror ... any and every mirror ... as soon as i walked out of getting it cut. Good luck, she sounded cool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I went through the same thing years ago. To this day, I still miss my Lois. Every now and then I call the place she used to work and ask for her, just in case she might have moved back.

    Anyway, I finally found Benjamin. He works at Hair Tech.$12, he does a great job at anlayzing how your hair should be cut, and he knows how to make you feel comfortable. But then Pearl's hair, another story. Try $85 for a wig style!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Matthuis11/08/2011

    Just be happy you have hair. I started to lose mine in high school. I'm 31 years old and completely bald now. But strangely a lot of guys can't stop rubbing my head, or my other head for that matter

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh dear, well I hope your hair bill isn't as big as your gin bill, or you are screwed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mistress, you are too funny. But please do not do what Bryon said. LOL! That seems like prostitution. and what if the date didn't really like you? He could mess up your hair! And get the good sex!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Go to Wyatt at the Richard Nickolas. He's awesome, you get a high-end haircut for only $50, plus I always see really hot boys there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jane and Lance- welcome to the Casa! And thanks you for stopping in to see me! I hope you will stop by often for some cock-a-tails!!!

    Bucko- thanks for the no pressure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i would say i can relate but as it's been two years since i've had anything done to my hair i can not. so sorry she is leaving

    ReplyDelete
  19. Does your hair look like the picture? I love that look. Good luck with the search hon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous11/08/2011

    Oh, how I feel your anxiety here! I went through similar traumas in years past... Then warmer climes converted me to the Buzz Cut. I've grown to luv it, and it's Erotic Qualities as well! LOL You are so well connected M. -It's gonna be Just Fine!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!