Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Send Off For Wilma Wingate



Last week I was invited to go out with the Lad and company to Feathers Nightclub for the send off of local queen Wilma Wingate who was retiring from the drag arena. Feathers is a damn fine good time out, I'm here to tell ya. The place as a good energy, friendly people, fast bar service, a huge plus, can't get that gin quick enough and pretty good music. And it's the perfect venue for a drag show. Also attending was a fellow drag queen, who twisted the Mistress to make a appearance for the show. Now mind, I hardly bring out my alter ego much these days since I had a good 12 year run and had my time in the limelight in the 90's! These days I'll do the flashy party or a worth while charity show. The evening went great except for the hangover the next day. Now I know why I don't go out during the week anymore!!! Another fellow queen and blog reader suggested the Mistress Borghese make a surprise appearance, and she said I wouldn't have to lift a finger, as her friend was on hand to do the make-up, just bring two outfits and wigs. Sit back and relax? That's a switch. Miriam's stylist gave me a great face job, not as campy as I get though, but loved it none the less. In the pictures- after the show, moi,Tea Cup from New Jersey,Miriam Webster and Sable from Philadelphia. Miriam Webster performing.In the next yours doing her daring number. Bea Tempted mc-ing, and hostess of the event. In the next, are some handsome on lookers, what are you looking at? And playing the part of Christina in Lady Marmalade was Wilma Wingate.








At the end of the month my favorite queen, yes, Lady Bunny will be present and on hand for The Hair Ball, which is a charity event, with drag show and a "best wig contest"! The whole crowd can wear wigs, which from what I hear, just about eveyone is in some form of wiggery can have the chance to be judged by Lady Bunny. The higher the hair the closer to God!!!! Should be a fun event. Tootles!



* A huge thank-you to the sexy Preston for the photos *

17 comments:

  1. I have to say, I was in awe when I saw the Mistress for the first time!!!!! What a hand full!!! It was a fun evening wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time Mistress! You really need to come to the Night of A Thousand Gowns this year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Looks like a great night. We knew the Mistress wwas probably a stunner! All of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How FUN! Lady Bunny is a DOLL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11/11/2011

    I'm glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11/11/2011

    What a Treat and Wonderful Surprise! -to catch a rare glimpse of the Mistress here. My, how glamour becomes you! This rare appearance gave an added dimension of "Fabulous!" -no doubt! ...such Fun!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning all of you and what a cute group of boys. sounds like a wonderful evening

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl you sure do know some tight hair. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My, you Philadelphia girls are a tough elegant bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sure wish I was there to have seen the show! You all look so stunning Mistress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOLY SHIT! I don't think I would have known that was you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. You are good. You have so many different looks. Now about those boys.........

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh honey your lucky to have such hot boys at your show! Damn and your fine too, I agree with Skilled for Men.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful. Looks like a good night.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love a good drag show, and ya'll look so beautiful, better than the women in my family! Lady Bunny and the Hair Ball sounds like a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great post thanks for sharing with us. I think the Mistress and all of you represent your art well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Talk about elegant dames??? And who is the hottie in the middle with the other two guys-woof!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!