Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Curtain Call on Drag History

Well it appears that Drag History Month is is almost behind us and what fun it has been researching and sharing with y'all. Hell, I even learned some things. What a boring canvas we would have without them in the gay community, and community in general. Drags queens and the drag kings who bring color and laughter and the right amount of flair to any function or club. Drag is more popular then ever with most clubs having a drag night and RuPaul's Drag Race, with it's highest ratings yet. They help with the gay rights rallies, and raise very important funds for community service centers and AIDS charity events. Some are brothers,boyfriends,best friends, and even fathers in some cases. Some drag queens provide skits, some song and dance, some comedy and others high brow entertainment. Some drag queens are funny, some congenial,caring,and lovable . Others are comedic and filled with slap stick, while some can be catty. Whatever the case you have to admit when a drag queen enters the room there is never a dull moment! You may recognize some of them here. These divas and many more, are all drag pioneers.













14 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the Month of Drag.
    It, like you, is fab-u-lous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought these posts were just terrific. You are an important chronicler of Drag. Sing Out, Louise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great month you brought us! And I know I know alot of these faces, but I don't know all their names. I love drag queens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy what a finale!!!! You certainly know every queen, I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great month of history learned. You should really be the go -to person for a who's who of drag queens I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mistres Borghese is is a real pleasure to readthese post and I thank you so much for the time and enegry to bring them. It is so nice to see a month for all us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where is a hanky!!!! Such a lovely honor! I'd kiss ya, but I'm afraid my gum will slip out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually recognized more than one queen. Yay me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, I do see alot of queens I know, or have seen. What a lovely time reading all these intresting posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A veritable cavalcade of fabulosity! A fitting, shall we say, climax to Drag History Month?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Debra what a great send off and a touching write up! You do really know your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great post, I love all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A huge hand clap for a great drag history month!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will miss all the history lessons but you will be bringing back the grande dame of the week won't you? Great job girl!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!