Saturday, January 1, 2011

And the Pork Goes In-Happy New Year!




Happy New Year to you all! And one question. How can you see with all that light? Well the Mistress survived but is hung just a tad today, but not to bad to still get the lovely dinner to slow cook in the oven. And don't you just love these vintage New Years greetings? Cute huh?



What a delish dinner we had last night, although some cosmo's made me almost burn the lobster tails! But all was saved. And then the bubbly.... oh dear, two very large bottles gone. And some neighbors here were even setting off some fireworks that we could see from the windows. It was like a personal showing. The Mistress made it till about 3:40 and then hit the wall. Literately. Now the guest are watching the Mummers Parade, but I'm heading back to bed just a bit, and then I'll watch the fancy brigades and string bands in the early evening. It's a all day parade here in Philadelphia people. You can read about the Mummers here or here in my last year's post.





And speaking of pork, yes I did, yet again manage to get prepared and in the oven! Isn't that picture odd? And the mouth watering pork roast with the sauerkraut and a mixture rub of pepper, basil, rosemary and salt. Can't. wait.



Now back to bed y'all. There will be more celebrating tonight. Tootles and Happy New Year again!

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like quite the celebration! And in regards to tonight's feast -- BABE, is that you? Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pork looks awesome! And I love the vintage photos.
    Have a great day! Happy New Year. Hope 2011 is your best year ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl, I should have came to your place for dinner! Boy does that look good! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Mistress! Sound like someone had to much bubbly! Love the picture of the bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year honey! Sounds like you sent off and greeted the new year with a wonderful time! And the dinner sounds so good. You should have lots of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect new year! And I can just smell thst pork girl! Love the greetings too. I love vintage cards like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year agin Mistress! I have seen the Mummers twice and what a thing to see!!! It's so entertaining and the spirit in the air sends you chills!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! yOU WALKED INTO A WALL! You are something else. Im not a huge krat person but the pork looks so good. Next week Im so coming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We do the same dinner here.The plate is full of TAN colored food - pork, sauerkraut, garlic beans, baked potatoes, dinner roll. We will add some color with cranberries! Of course we have lots of cookies for dessert. My husband and I head back to our home and have people over for appetizers/snacks and drinks at night. And I would love to see the Mummers some year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love New Years dinner, it's a penny earned in the new year for every black eyed pea you eat and a dollar for each collard green. i'd stuff myself on collards and forgo the peas. You know too much gas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like it was quite the party ! I always have pork on New Years day.I still do it out here now too. It's an eastern european tradition to eat pork on new year's for good luck because a pig can't look backwards! so you know moving forward with the new year, not looking back

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Greetings! How fun! I like vintage cards like this too and the dinner looks just so good! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you had a great New Year blow out Mistress! Except the pork and krat-yuck! I bet that smelled wonderful......

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!