Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Weekend at the Bronx Zoo



What a lovely weekend for the Bronx Zoo. The Mistress went to New York City for the weekend to visit my dear friend Mame, as we were due for a girls weekend. And we have been trying to get to the zoo for like 2 or 3 years, I swear. We were always just to hung over to make it. But this year we made it, contrary to what Kailyn and Zombie Mom thought! LOL! Upon my arrival ,Mame took me to her new abode up in Queens, where I was met by little Dusty. Some things never change. She was after my Tangueray right away, and she even had a stash of ones ready for the go-go bar, the Urges for later that night!



Then it was on to the zoo. The weather couldn't have been more beautiful and it was cool enough so Mame wouldn't over heat and become a sweaty mess. And what beautiful animals we saw!





The biggest and busiest attraction that day was the baby tiger triplets that were born back in may. And were they hams for the crowd.


How did this get in here? Opps. Well we did see some nice eyecandy! And this daddy was hot! And look at that big equipment!







As you know the Mistress is very fond of peacocks! While we were enjoying our lunch at the Dancing Crane Cafe this peacock couldn't get enough of our bread crust from our pizza! We even named the bird Penelope. Mind ya it is a male bird. Mame I believe was getting a bit nervous from me feeding Penelope as the bird was right on top of us. I have never known Mame to be afraid of some bird!!!





And the highlight came in the form that day of a camel ride! I hadn't been on a camel since a was a wee one, so I thought what the hell. The only problem was my jeans were a tad tight, so trying to get my legs over the hump was a sight to be seen.




So as you can see we finally made it. Later that night was a fabulous dinner in Queens at the Pomme Cafe which I'll share later this week and a lovely time at the Urges Lounge. What beautiful papi's we saw! Mame and I made it rain for the boys last night and I can't remember feeling so much girth in one night. Today was the famous Mame and Mistress hangover mornging where it take us like six hours to get ready, but we made it out of Mame's by 2 and had a tasty brunch at the Garage. Then everything was right with the world again. Thanks Mame for such a lovely weekend, you were hostess with the mostess as always. And I left my Tangueray there just in case Miss Dusty wants to have any. Tootles!

21 comments:

  1. What a great weekend it looks like you two had! Nice to hear the the Urge was a good time still. The boys in that place are just fine. And I just love the camel pics! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing missing was your dear sister Ginger. And some borbequed pork buns! How the hell do you expect to recover from a hangover with no borbequed pork buns?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss G- I told Mame we needed to go get pork buns!!! We did miss you much though. But don't worry we took your bus hit for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was a blast! I love the Bronx zoo, and are there ever some hot men there!!! Maybe next time we will catch up. Love the cat and the bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A camel you rode? I would have though you would ride one of those hot papi's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dusty already drank your gin and is sleeping off her hangover right now.

    Yes, it was a LOVELY weekend - we must do this again soon.

    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lovely weekend.
    The girls, the gin, the men, the cocks, er, peacocks.
    And a camel ride.
    Oy! What a time you must have had.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10/04/2010

    That is just too crazy that you were in NYC the same weekend I was. And yes, we may have crossed paths. NYC is like that.

    Love the zoo pix. If you can bear the cold, you should go back around Christmastime. They used to do a Xmas light display...you know, really festivally, gay-like.

    BTW, I love the new photographer exhibit. So forward thinking. Maybe they should put all the hot papparazi in a pen like that! I wonder if they would let us feed them?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was at the Bronx zoo years ago and love it! One of the best to see I think. And the pic of that hot daddy? Woof! Very nice arms indeed! And the camel pic is very cute! And how is it you were feeling girth????

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a nice weekend you too had!Pretty awesome Zoo. Not quite a modern, but is still a pretty good place to get away and enjoy the animals. The lod part of the zoo is very pretty though. And you even went to the Urge lounge. Where do you get your energy hon?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sure do know how to have a good weekend girl! But I'm suprised you did ride a go-go boy and get the peacock drunk!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear you two girls had a blast. are there any go-go s boys left at the urge or did you two kidnap there all? As improbable as it may sound, one of the best, most well maintained zoos in the Western Hemisphere sits like a lush oasis in the midst of the urban desert known as the Bronx. I love it up there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our favorite time is to come during the Christmas light walks at the Zoo. We drive down to see it. Quite fun. And is that you on the camel? Your a cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that nothing ever changes with you two. LOL! The Mame and Mistress hang over mornging. And the zoo? This is one of the best zoo's hands down. Go on Wednesday if you want to walk around and have a good time for free or very little $$.

    The Bronx Zoo never ceases to amaze and entertain me, even after all these years.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You two really do sound like Mame and Vera! Which one usually passes out first?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mistress, you sure do know how to busy yourself. Sounds like a blast!It's absolutely HUGE. You could spend hours there, and still not discover everything, and thats just the Urges! Love all the cock pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Peacocks? Bronx Zoo's got your peacocks, friend. EVERYWHERE! Magical. Shiny. Pretty. Yay! You must have been in heaven Mistress. Did you swipe one for a ensemble?

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG I m so jealous you two went there. When I come to nyc I love to go to the Urge.I have never had a bad time! But, I do wish that the down stairs lounge would reopen. The dancers are HOT (some can even move to the music) and are very friendly. The bartenders are fun, especially Dennis. Nice mix of gay gents. Did you two get lucky? lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like a very funn weekend full of sin!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A cuple of things. Great pictures of the zoo. I would have loved to have caught up to see the triple tigers. The daddy with the big lens? HOT! And a see you found some cock, but I am shocked you rode a camel, and not a baloney pony from the Urge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great weekend! So glad you made it to the zoo. Enjoyed the text message!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!