Monday, August 9, 2010

A Big Package from California



This is a nice package, but that's not what arrived last week, and it also wasn't Cali-Boi or Jason Thomas, who I wouldn't put pass them to squeeze themselves into a box to show their goods!!! No, this package arrived last week to the abode.



Turns out it was a lovely package from our friend and fellow blogger gal-pal Kailyn, who we spent a nice time with last summer in San Fran. One of the days she toured us around the Napa Valley ,and in particular the vineyards of Viansa. So what a nice surprise to come home and open this package and find all this deliciousness in one box!



Kailyn knows we love some cock-a-tails and juice of the vine here. Included were a bottle of Athena, a red wine, a lovely Chardonnay, my favorite Tolosa, a Pinot Gris, and a bottle of Piccolo Sangiovese. In addition to the wine were a bottle of olive oil vinaigrette,a jar of Green Olive Tapenade,a jar of Capponita and a bag of crustini. What's so nice about all these iems is their all made right there at Viansa. And last week I wasn't feeling all that well, I had one of those summer sore throats and wasn't feeling good,(nothing that a shot of gin wouldn't repair though) so when I came home to this- it made my day!!! Over the weekend when visiting my family I went to market and got some cheeses to accompany the wines!Won't these be so nice to enjoy on this weeks vacation? Thank-you so much Kailyn for such a wonderfully thoughtful surprise!

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/09/2010

    Very nice gift package! And I love the first picture. Damn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8/09/2010

    I luuuuuurve Tolosa. It's a fantastic wine that is SO under-rated. Their pinot noir (my fave wine) is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome. Glad y'all are enjoying the package

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! How cool is Kailyn to send such a nice care package! I've had their wines, but have never been their. On the other end, just email me and we can set up a time for you to recieve the other important package ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see Kailyn has your number Mistress! A very nice selection. Glad you had a nice weekend too

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stayed in Nor Cal for two years once, and never visited a winery. How sad is that? I sure wish I would have. But what a nice suprise to get in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it nice to get a surprise in the mail like that? And that is a good one! This post reminds me of our trip to San Francisco, we ventured into wine country. Having never visited this area before, we were a bit overwhelmed with the choice of wineries. Viansa was our first stop of the day. It was fantastic! Despite the crowds, our server was extremely helpful with our tastings. We had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I KNOW you like to get a nice package now and again.......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Viansa was one of our favorite wineries. Our server, who was very cute I recall, spent a lot of time with us discussing the different types of grapes.We actually met him on the grounds in the morning before the place opened and he was nice enough to show us some nice, scenic locations for pictures. How nice your friend lives near their. And to arrive in one piece? She got talent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Madtexter, Tolosa makes at least six Pinot Noirs. And each tastes different but all are good. I went there in February and now belong to their wine club.

    I also belong to the club at Viansa.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My day would not be complete with a 6pakABS! Thank you darrrling!
    cheers to cock-a-tails~*

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love some good wines, but I would be hard pressed not to take what's in picture 3!

    ReplyDelete
  13. [Blushing} That is a pretty nice package there your friend sent you. Enjoy! I hear their wines are very good. While I've been told my package is a nice one, I don't think I could fit it in a box!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!