Friday, May 22, 2009

It's Not Nice to Play with Anna Wintour



I love Anna Wintour. She is always so put together and one of the best dressed women around. You never see her not put together or a hair out of place. And she is rarely seen without her sunglasses. The woman is also the most powerful person in the fashion industry. A fashion show doesn't start till she arrives, she will make or break a designers career, and will influence the next fashion trend. She was also the main inspiration for the movie The Devil Wears Prada. Here is Anna Wintour in a rare interview with Morey Shaffer on 60 Minutes. Plus it has not only Ms.Wintour, but my favorite designer John Gallino. Do you think it is like walking on egg shells around the offices of Vogue? A huge hat tip to drag diva Lady Bunny.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous5/22/2009

    I've always wondered why "big names" always wear sunglasses to fashion shows? (Anna Wintour, Michael Kors, etc.) Especially if they are judging/reviewing the designs. The tinted sunglasses wouldn't allow the true colors and look of the fabric to come through? Or at least I would think not. haha. That said, now I'm off to watch the 60 Minutes video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand why fashion people (Wintour, Kohrs, etc) go to fashions wearing sunglasses. Who do they thing they are, Corey Hart? I mean, is it really so bright in there that you need shades? Isn't your ability to accurately see the clothing affected by wearing shades? I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! She is just perfect and it's rare to find a woman these days who still takes pride in what they look like when they leave their house. And she really has done and found much talent! I love Vogue. She has done such a wonderful job. Great interveiw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael & Mark- I don't know about most of desingers and editors, but Anna wears them because she says she doesn't want to show her reaction to the fashions on whether she likes them or hates them. I do know at certain shows it can be very bright in the front three rows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Batina5/23/2009

    A fabulous fashion legend! When is does quitely leave, it will be the end of a era, I tell you that. She is the last of her kind.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!