Friday, September 4, 2020

COTTON CANDY

I was out yesterday enjoying the overcast and dark day....the whole week was rather a odd overcast week with rain hit or miss. But about a week ago when I was outdoors, yeah I know, am I ever indoors would be a better question...and no I'm not, the weather was brilliant and sunny. I just happen to look up and thought the sky with the clouds,  looked so bright blue and the clouds like cotton candy. If you spend enough time looking at the sky, you will start seeing shapes in the clouds — a hippo, a dragon, a human face. The phenomenon is so common that it has its own hashtag: #cloudsthatlooklikethings. The reason we see animals, monsters and people in the sky has nothing to do with meteorology and everything to do with the mechanics of the human brain. We are just as likely to see familiar object in other things like the bark of a tree, toast, or coffee foam. So if you see a cumulonimbus cloud that reminds you of Presley’s pompadour, it doesn’t mean you have a profound, spiritual connection to the King. Although it is interesting to think, ‘Well, why did I see this particular thing?’ it’s not a Freudian sort of interesting thing. It’s not revealing something deep about your psyche or your soul. It’s really just telling you something about how your visual system is working and how your brain works. You sure don't want to know what I see.

Up at the lake. What a show that night with the color of the sky and the clouds. 
Sat for an age on the dock.

Just so no one panics, posting will be very sporadic for the next couple of weeks. Between a visit with the mother for Labor Day for a couple days, filling in for extra time at the ASPCA, and another trip up to the Pocono Mountains to the Woods, while my pied de terre is getting new appliances, re-painting and the carpets shampooed. I don't like upheaval, so the mountain time seems to be the best choice of the moment. I want to enjoy nature while I can. I also contacted my elections office, and if not working by then, will be acting as transport for people who need rides for voting day. Once back, I have to make sure the houseboys, are placing everything back in order correctly. I will be posting when I get time and if I have a signal. Otherwise, I'll be relaxing, scantily clad somewhere. 

25 comments:

  1. That lake picture is gorgeous.
    Safe travels, MM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great photos. Gosh, remember when you were a kid and doing that - just lying in the grass watching the clouds scuttle overhead and seeing shapes - and sometimes the cloud itself would change to something different. Ah, the innocence of youth.
    I hope you have a wonderful time, visiting the ancestral home and up in the mountains - where you ***know*** I would love to be.
    If you threaten the houseboys before you leave, perhaps they'll get things done, and done properly. Though I don't know what threat you could use with them....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will threat then with making them wear clothes!!! I still do look to the sky and see animals usually. And these days a lot of penises.

      Delete
  3. I just see clouds as clouds for the most part. I appreciate them for what they are, massive cotton balls :)
    Well, you're certainly going to be a busy little beaver! Enjoy your time with your mother. Try not to get eaten by a bear in the mountains, unless that's what you're into.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some time yet till I go up there, but I will try not to. but I can't seem to find the bear repellant. I will still be posting remotely......

      Delete
  4. pix #3 from the top looks like grimace from an old mcdonald's commercial.

    you MUST show off your new appliances when you return!

    enjoy your visit with mama and with nature at the woods! don't do anything duchess deedles and I wouldn't do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I guess he's going to HAVE to get eaten by a bear, then.

      Delete
    2. Grimace?!?!?! Someone must be in the mood for a happy meal?

      Delete
  5. I love your nature pictures Hennnny! You needed to hand some weed out with this post gurl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must have walked right pass the special candy dish toots.

      Delete
  6. I love this post!!! Those pictures are amazing!!!! I like clouds in my coffee too. And I won't complain you being in and out, as long as we get to see post. We'd hate to see you gone altogether...we need you now for insight and visual delights and nonsense in these times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've just reminded me - of this choon! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My very first Orb experience was this very tune.

      Delete
  8. Proves my point...you can just look out your window and see beauty and interest everywhere. You visual people are lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. *sigh* elder lockdown has me feeling exceptionally dull, sweetpea! thank you for reminding me to look up and around instead of down all the time. You know I love you for that, sugarpie! Enjoy your time away. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loves it!
    I could make out a bunny running away from me 😎.
    It’s fantastic what we can see if we open our eyes, no? The pic of the lake is fantastic!
    And love some Carly.
    Clouds in my coffee.
    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love pictures like this!!! Great song to go with too. That lake is huge and very pretty. Do you live on the lake?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a great time with mom, in the woods, and with the pups! I can only imagine the familiar objects you see in clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great gallery! So peaceful, I can imagine myself lying next to a babbling brook looking up at the sky.

    I’m glad you contacted the election authority about working the polls. Usually it’s a bunch of us old folks manning the polls. We need a younger generation to step up since a lot of older workers will not be working this cycle. In our county we even encourage high schoolers to work at the polls.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pictures!!!! And one of my favorite songs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha ha!!! I know what you saw in the clouds - I saw the same things :-)
    Have fun on your visit!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was just laying on my hammock yesterday looking at the clouds....i needed this song. I did indeed finding myself wondering what the clouds looked like.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!