Wednesday, November 21, 2018

TURKEY WHISPERER


Here in the States, we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving Day tomorrow! Once again, families will gather & celebrate the true meaning of  this Holiday. ~Yup, excessive food & the sometimes awkward family reunion?!  Seriously though, it's the perfect time to express our gratitude's… From the blessings we have all received thus far; loved ones, health 
& much-much more I'm sure! ...AND of course having  the loveliest table setting & glorious food won't be bad at all! This is the one meal, I look forward to all year. If I could make a scratch and sniff sticker for you all to smell my aunt's cooking...I would!  I will have thirds possibly.I will have to work it all off somehow.

For several decades in Hollywood, the large studios such as MGM, Paramount, Warner Bros, 20th Century Fox and RKO had actors and actresses under contract. In addition to starring in a certain number of films each year, they also sat for countless photo sessions to help their own careers as well as the studio. During the major holidays (New Years, Valentine’s Day, 4th of July, Thanksgiving and Christmas) the actresses often posed like pin-up girls with seasonal props.

The news today said that the average person consumes about 4500 calories on Thanksgiving Day! errr...who's counting right?! I do know I won't be in any short shorts anytime soon after eating this meal! I'm heading to my ancestral home for the holidays...and am going to enjoy some time off, as our work at the store is done. I'll be NO WHERE near stores..... I also have a trip to New York after Thanksgiving, so  I am going to sign off, but did not want to do so without Giving THANKs* to all of you dear fellow bloggers & loyal  readers! Sharing my thoughts & inspirations & my random-silliness?' has certainly been so much MORE FUN! I'll return in or around a week.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!! 

33 comments:

  1. Boy, you're just a regular font of trivial knowledge! I like that in a person. Enjoy your time away, and come home safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy yourself. Bestest wishes to all your relatives and friends. Safe travels. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you will be doing in NYC - looking at all the holiday window decorations! oh, and drinking...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a sensational Thanksgiving - and be sure to have "thirds". Hell, it's only once a year....

    By the way, Laurel and Hardy make a great Pilgrim couple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thanks, Mistress! Hope you have an awesome thanksgiving break!
    Please say hi to NY for me!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my best pets was a male bronze turkey , a big gentle giant called Boris , I loved him dearly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and time away. I do miss celeabrating Turkey day. And you know I'm loving these starlets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You lucky bitch. I work retail, but I'm in sales and have to be at work at 6Am. I so need a job in visual. Happy Thanksgiving though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Random silliness? I treat your every word with the upmost seriousness.
    Enjoy the calories. I’m sure you’ll find a way to work them off.
    JP x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a fabulous holiday, MM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a good time away and a Happy Thanksgiving!!! I love me some Ann Miller too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Thanksgiving, Mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy your thanksgiving with your family. Hope you have lots of yummy things to eat and drink and lots of fun.

    Have a great trip and come back safe and sound.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a great day. We're celebrating with friends here next week. I could skip it but our one friend really wants to have her traditional dinner. It's better than the old days when we ate like pigs and spent a tense day with extended family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy thanksgiving, don’t eat anything I wouldn’t.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Thanksgiving mistress. Hope you have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We must slow down and enjoy life. We Americans take far too much for granted. I'm grateful for many things today, and your blog is one of them each day. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A happy Thanksgiving mistress. Enjoy the time with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all the pictures!!! Safe travels and Happy Thanksgiving. Your off in retail on black friday??? You'd you blow?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Thanksgiving mistress. Thank you for your always wonderfully thoughtful, sometimes cheeky, but always visual and gorgeous blog. A daily bright spot.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Maybe this year, I'll just eat green beans and water....my girdle is already too tight. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope your enjoying a great Thanksgiving day Mistress.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and remember to take human size bites.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    Safe travels and Good eats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I was away for the holiday and see your away too. Hope your Thanksgiving was a good one and your pants still shut.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Peaceful and Calm sounds good. Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love love love those photos too!! I also liked the turkeys pictures from Thanksgiving day too. Of course after this weeks eating I unfortunately look like Oliver Hardy too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Aren't you back yet? That Tryptophan must have had some affect?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!