Monday, October 24, 2016

BLACK SLEEK MYSTERIOUS

MONDAY ALREADY?!?!?
 
I swear where does the time go?!? Hope everyone had a glorious weekend! Mine was very relaxing and enjoyable. Although a bit windy, I had to use some extra Aqua Net for the coiffure! With Halloween around the corner it conjured thoughts of black cats.
soooooo mysterious.......
 

Black cats pose an enigma to people who have never been around or close to them, some actually fear black cats, which most likely stem from folklore from the middle ages and were thought to be witches' familiars. For new readers, yours truly had a cat once. A all black cat with the most jade of green eyes. Starrbooty was quite something and took after her Mistress. We were famous for our Saturday afternoon lounges in the boudoir on weekends. She came to me from Neiman Marcus of all places!!!!! Someone had apparently dumped her and she managed to get into Neimans, where she had been spotted but would disappear for weeks. Finally she was caught and taken to the local ASPCA, by my friend. I had said if she wasn't claimed I'd take her. I mean, hey, the cat had great taste in hide outs what can I say!!! She finally lived at the Casa till her death, where I think of her every Halloween. But it's interesting to read some folklore on them....

-A popular belief is that black cats are unlucky, but in other countries they are considered good luck.

-The Bombay cat, a sleek black cat was bread as an easily adaptable pet, who could play fetch, guard your houses, and venture out on a leash with you.

-Some cats were believed to be witches themselves.

--Since cats are usually nocturnal and roam at night, they were believed to be evil, and supernatural servants of witches.
 
Regardless of the superstition, black cats have their own large loyal following, who love to be surrounded by their sleek black vessels of love. If you want to read more on my little Starrbooty, just click the tag below.
 
HAPPY MONDAY

18 comments:

  1. So happy you had a restful weekend. We had the slightest bit of rain - more wind than anything. Today it's a steady, light rain. Perfect day for picking up a book... Maybe one on black cats! Hugs, my mistress!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had pretty much the dame here. It would have been a good day to stay in bed.

      Delete
  2. Tuxedo has a few white patches ... chest and feet ... for a black cat.
    I love a black cat especially since learning that here in SC a lot of black cats are abandoned because people think they are signs of evil.
    Trouble is, the people who dump animals on the side of the road are the true evil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a shame. I can't believe people are that superstitious. If o ever get another cat.....it'll be all black.

      Delete
  3. You just knew I'd love this post. I'm not at all surprised that Starrbooty came from Neiman Marcus - it's so appropriate for you!

    My black kitty Bosco came from the wilds of Texas and I had him ever since the day he was born.
    Black cats DEFINITELY have unique personalities.
    Very mysterious, odd, and...kinda weird...(much like myself).
    Bosco is sweet and adorable - but I never know what the hell he's thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had the feeling you'd enjoy. Your were a sort of inspiration for the post when you did your post on Bosco. How ever did you choose the name? Meanwhile I knew exactly what Starrbooty was thinking...she was so like me.

      Delete
  4. We've always said Abby was in league with the devil. She would stare into the fire and, one famous time, actually set her tail on fire...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that vividly. One bitten, twice shy these days. I guess she learned quick.

      Delete
  5. I love me a black cat! I also glanced at Starrbooty. She was definitely your familiar!!! She had her mistress's attitude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, she was. She was like me when told to get something done. I'll do when I feel like it, now go get bent.

      Delete
  6. I remember dear little Starrnooty. Wasn't she a diva too? Lovely post for this Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diva? I don't know what your talking about.

      Delete
  7. we have had 2 black cats: steven (deceased 2012) and oreo (tuxedo) adopted 2014 and still with us. ALL cats are magical!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post and a even better ode to your dearly departed Starrbooty! It wouldn't be Halloween without black cats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember your cat when you got her. I enjoyed reading her pass post.she was definitely a Halloween kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like cats, such independent and yet loving creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. In the States, we had two black cats who were brothers. The sweetest boys around. We now have to black & white brother cats. and adore them. I once sat a bar with Julie Newmar in the late '70s. It was a very strange experience.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!