Thursday, October 27, 2011

October Cotillion



Every year around Halloween I like to take a walk in Lambertville to go see the Tim Burton house. Not really Tim Burton's house, but the lady who lives there every year, has a Halloween display that would make Froggy over joyed! It sort of reminds me of the Nightmare Before Christmas come to life. I have talked with the owner before and she used to be a art teacher at the high school there. She started to make these creatures years ago and usually adds a new one each year. This is the new one for this year. She even had a bunch of flowers behind one ear, how fashionable huh?



Most of them are made from tree branches, twigs, and paper mache. She then paints them and give them life by giving them each their distinctive looks and wardrobes! At night she has black light on them so they appear to glow, and some even have glowing eyes. You wouldn't believe the crowds that gather to see the spectacle. She now has so many she is even placing them on neighbors lawns! They are very neat to see. I took these last night, but with my flash you lose the glowing affect. I just love the one with the glowing cigarette below. I guess she would be the socialite of the group? The first one above I believe was her first darling she created. The owner also has a signed book for purchase for tourist. You can click on the picture to embiggin to see detail.




Love the queen of the creatures sitting here with her chamber maid and her pets. Her eyes were even glowing orange. And in the next picture the twins are almost adorable.







The fat little lady sitting here is also a favorite of mine. The owner even has dry ice to create a mist. And how about the one flying in behind her. Creepy!





18 comments:

  1. ah-mazing!!!! thanx for the Halloween thrill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK while cool, they wouls scare me if I lived next door! Creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How talented and creative is that! I wonder if she would lend me one of these to place upon Hilda Finestein's porch. That would be a most excellent payback!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Tim Burton! I unfortunately never found the time to go see the LACMA exhibit. Boo! But I understand it was really cool - just like this woman's creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So creepy and creative! Love the Twins and that Skeleton Horse. And the rest too, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10/28/2011

    Those are some amazing creations but I'd probably be scared the first few nights if I were the next door neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! what fabulous creativity. TB inspired. thank you for taking the time for a field report Maddie. the characters are both whimsical and scary at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Burton-esque.
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Thanks for showing us these creative pieces! xoxoxoxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, THESE ARE AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is really something to see! I remember you posting these once before and there are more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is absolutely the coolest personal display I think I have ever seen for Halloween! How lucky for you! Unbelievable! Makes you wonder what they do inside huh?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing these amazng pics! I think I see lots of influences here for some ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!!!! This is definitely the absolute coolest displays I've ever seen!!! I wonder who the artist is? The person that lives in the house? Signed picture books? Get me one! LOL! Yes I'd even go and knock on that door and ask about the displays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is truly incredible! Very Tim Burton like...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was so fun to see. Thanks for sharing. Is was so wonderful! I always enjoy your seasonal post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool show. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous10/29/2011

    I'm so glad you took us on a tour! I would love to see this -and the darlin' could extend her decor to my yard anytime!!! Wow! ...like living in Tim Burton World!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!