Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Weekend of Potpourri



I don't know about y'all, but the Mistress doesn't feel like going back to work just yet. Just one more day is all. I haven't worked much between the holidays and I'm very relaxed as of now. The weekend was spent doing various things, a potpourri of things and not eating any potpourri mind ya, that's another story for another day! No, the eating continues from New Year's eve and day with left over pork and sauerkraut which the Boy-Toy loves so. There's has also been lots of fruit and cheese nibbling, left over Christmas cookie eating, and a huge breakfast every morning, or in our case, noon. I did some cooking over the weekend as well. And there was also much wine to be consumed. Yesterday I was going to do the trek into Philly to go to the Reading Terminal Market for some wanted items but said hell no. It was just to damn cold and winds upward of 40mph. I wasn't about to leave the warmth and candlelight of the house! I love me some candle burning. The Mistress also did some cleaning and removing of the Christmas finery,and disposed of the fresh pine and arrangements sprays that served their purpose. It's always depressing to take down the Christmas decor, but at the same time, feels more clean and back to normal, don't you think? The only thing to remain up now are the two trees and they will be down by the end of the week. The only thing we didn't do was laundry. We generally take turns doing it here. But I HATE it more than anything. I guess if this were helping, I wound't mind it!



I also did a little re-organizing in some closets and drawers. I like to start the new year with things organized and clean. I think it sets the tone for the new year. After that was done, it was back to more relaxing with one of my Christmas gifts from the Boy-Toy.


Opps! Not that one. Although that did get used also. No, I meant this one.



The Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis. It has been years since a read all the stories. He found this beautiful hardback book with stunning illustrations inside and it is bound very beautifully. I'll enjoy reading this very much. We also watched the movie 1776 that our dear Auntie Flame was so kind to send us durning the Christmas holidays. What a treat that was . I had never seen it. She told us she would always show it to classes when she taught and it was a favorite of hers. Well, it was a very nice weekend and time off indeed. Now it is time to walk Buster Bolfig, but I think he has other thoughts on going outside in the blustery cold weather! Wish me luck. Tootles!

12 comments:

  1. I used to love 1776!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mistress Maddie #1 Fan1/03/2010

    I could use one of the those signs! Now I know why you keep your figure!!! Sounds like a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl you are so crazy! You find the best damn pictures! And even when home you are entertaining. That sounds like a weekend I need.And how did it go with Buster?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good weekend to me. I see you were busy.... I so need one of those booty call signs. Now that sounds like one of my weekends. And Buster looks in no hurry to get off that sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maddie, sounds like a wonderful weekend with Boytoy and Buster....and girrrrrl, I took all that christmas shit down LONG ago!!!!!

    Love you!

    XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love doing laundry!!!!! Nothing like the smell of freshly laundered undies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coco de Mere1/04/2010

    With that Do Not Distrub sign hanging, it looks like you probably burned some calories from all the food you ate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is depressing when the finery comes down, but I agree it does look soooooo clean. Booty call sign funny. I wish I needed one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you did a little of everything this weekend. I agree, if I had that man around to help with laundry, I wouldn't mind doing it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post. How many time did the sign go up the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Batina1/04/2010

    I tell you, that Buster is adorable! I take all my things down right after Christmas is over so I then can enjoy New Years. So like a great weekend Mistress.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our de-decorating was completed today, and it only took about 10 minutes because we did not do a tree this year :o)

    I have been off since the 24th, and it has been relaxing, workouts every day and at least on project of some sort.

    Back to the grind tomorrow. Glad you are getting a fresh start on the new year :o)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!