Wednesday, May 31, 2023

AMBROSIA


Ambrosia Salad is the mother of the House of Ambrosia, artist, performer, DJ, and motor cyclist and always seems to break a few heels and hearts along the way. Ambrosia hails from Rochester NY...a very saturated, small drag town, where local drag has a huge following ...with some very big names, Mrs. Kasha Davis, Darienne Lake, Aggy Dune and Pandora Boxx, but holds her own, while also having a close sisterhood with them. This hot daddy out of drag doesn't take the drag seriously, but has fun with it, not being concerned about being realistic, but remaining the old school camp. His weekly show,  What the Frock, is a hoot. Ambrosia has spent a lifetime before drag idolizing strong female singers such as Bjork, Shirley Manson, Siouxsie Sioux, and Miss Lady Kier, and is heavily inspired by the performances enjoyed at the Trannyshack, a weekly drag venue in San Fran known for its highly camp queens, doing outlandishly crass, yet thoughtfully planned out diva homages. Having seen her a few times, Ambrosia has always been surrounded by drag queens transforming themselves into the world of take no prisoners debauchery. What started as a wig and high heels fetish, evolved into the perfect combination of tacky fashion, thick played out make up, music, hilarity and love of the nightlife. What a treat to have run into him at the beach in Rehoboth. I don't think I hurt him?

18 comments:

  1. Thank you Mahogany Empress for the email about commenting..... I have no idea how or what happened. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks like all kinds of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh
    Love the name. Love even more the style! I'm gonna look her up on youtube but I just can imagine her numbers by your description. I love it when Drag artists are super quirky and deconstruct and reimagine the work of the DIVAS!
    Also, Rochester has all those iconic Queens???

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rochester is a HUGE drag town!!!!! I used to get out that way a lot ages ago

      Delete
  4. She looks easy to love. So cool that you bumped into him on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And here I was wondering which of your mother's cousin's she may look like? lol!!!!!

      Delete
  5. Now you know I love this queen! I love me some typical old fashioned drag and lots of color. I heard Rochester has a very good drag scene even over some major cities.

    No problem Maddie. When I went to comment and couldn't I thought something's got to be going on here. Hence my email.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great smile. I'd go ten rounds with her. But... that stainless steel neck plate comes off! I love the sense of color. And this is a show I would go see... I like camp. I like humor. I like to be entertained. A clever queen beats a pretty one every time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you saw him as a guy, I bet you would go ten rounds with him!!!!!

      Delete
  7. Yay! You fixed the problem. What terrific colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow my comment setting was changed Ricko.

      Delete
    2. It's my paternal aunt's friends. No one on my mother's side of the family ever looked that hot.

      Delete
  8. Such fun.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember years ago that Rochester crew coming to P-town. At the time I thought Ambrosia was Utica!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE HER! Now that is drag. Give me that...not some queen -look- alike Beyonce, any day

    ReplyDelete
  11. My two favorite colors...pink and orange!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. here his/her IG profile.
    Seeing all that orange color makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!