Wednesday, September 28, 2022

OUT OF THIS WORLD

 

I came across the Futuro House when I was searching for campers awhile back and for some odd reason it made me feel happy. This little gem is actually in a glamping ground in Somerset UK after being found dilapidated in South Africa, and it was brought to the UK by artist Craig Barnes to be restored, and now resides as a renta,l and nestled in the woodland there at a campground and makes for a pretty memorable experience I would think.

The Futuro House that has currently landed was originally designed in the late 1960's by Finnish architect Matti Suuronen, the Futuro was meant to be the next best thing in holiday homes. Easy to transport and assemble, it was so light that it was possible to helicopter into places like ski resorts and mountainous areas. During the 60's & 70's about 100 were made, but sadly the idea didn't quite catch on, and now only half of the saucers survive, and the one in Marston Park Campground is one of the few you can stay in and enjoy its quirky history. They contain electricity, real mattresses and an indoor fireplace make the stay and experience very cozy.

Now you know I love glamping, and I think staying in one of these would be quite fun to try once. Even though I got a new camper now up at the glamping grounds...I'm not opposed. Could you picture a whole village of these flying saucers?? Of course, when glamping I have gotten spoiled with the camper...or at the very least a very swanky tent!!

40 comments:

  1. So, what did the kitchen look like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think there is a kitchen. It's called cooking over a fire or grill. That's where the camping part come in toots.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9/28/2022

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    That’s quite the setup in the tent AND the Futuro House. It would be a great place to meet up with some friends and area libation or two before embarking on other festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very "Jetsons" -- I would stay there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And too think, I have a Judy Jetson gown!!!!

      Delete
  4. I do love this and would love to give it a try. The golden seats below the windows make it look like a 1960s beauty parlor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cool

    I have to go now, my planet needs me 👽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I join you! I'm dying to stay in one. The closet to outer space I'll ever get.

      Delete
  6. Ah, so that's where all the abductees have their rectal probing done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to be beamed aboard!

      Delete
  8. Oh, my... you do do it in style my dear. And yes, that little spaceship is adorable. Hopefully there's adequate headroom and ventilation. Huh. Like I'm going to spend more that 20 minutes at a time inside... (that's what he said.) Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who you been speaking too? It takes at least an hour inside.

      Delete
  9. I don't really have any futuristic ensembles, but I love to stay in one too. So stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never heard of these, but they are so cool looking. So are you saying you want an anal probe in one?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Has anyone told Juno Birch about renting one of these???

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to give you a ride in one. LOL!!!! They are pretty cool , but I couldn't live in one...you've seen my size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your chest alone would take up all the room!!!!!!

      Delete
  13. Such a cool post! That would be so amazing to stay there in one sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOWZA! Very cool and how different and fun. I always wanted to play the part of Dana Scully henny.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cool! I don't think I had ever heard of these small houses. It would certainly make for a memorable stay. I love the color of them. I'm surprise your campground doesn't have one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can be there in 6 hours. You up for it? 😁

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I'm off to Somerset, it's only down the road! I'd love to stay there - I hope they allow dogs.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  18. You gotta love some of the ideas that came out of that era. That would make a pretty cool guest house on a property, too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd prefer Bob's little cottage at the Lake

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pat Lark9/29/2022

    How fun would that be? One of them would grab attention up there at the Woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would be a huge hit at the woods!!!!

      Delete
  21. This place is only a few miles away from where my sister-in-law and her tribe live. Perhaps I'll send her to test out the eggmobile.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous9/29/2022

    Tundra Bunny here... now THAT'S a COOL camper! I've always liked Suuronen's tables and chairs even though they always remind me of the original Star Trek TV show, LOL! The pod doesn't look very portable, but it would make a great guest house! If you really like glamping, Mistress, you should check out resorts along the coast of British Columbia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's right...add to my bucket list!!!! British Columbia was one area in all my long-term trips to Canada I never did or been too. In my young and teen years we spent whole summer in Canada.

      Delete
  23. I hope to visit England someday, this would be such a fun and memorable place to stay at while there! I love glamping!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!