Friday, September 2, 2022

CAMP WANNAKIKI

 

Don't get me wrong, I never miss a season of RuPaul's Drag Race. But even I enjoy a nice alternative to that show. I was recently over thrilled when I found out friend and drag sister and fellow glamper from the Woods Campground, Pola Frost was chosen to compete on the fourth season of another drag show, Camp Wannakiki! I was like, congrats, but what is it? She was so appalled. Well off to You tube where I binged watch the first three season. What a HOOT and filled with hilarity. These bitches are having fun. The casts of the first three seasons......

Camp Wannakiki is a very hilarious drag reality show featuring the campiest drag artist from across North America and not just all big cities like Drag Race, but represent yes...the local campy queens. Each episode reprises a day at camp, where campers must compete in a variety of daily activates and nighty talent shows in order to earn their badge. But unfortunately, there aren't enough badges for everyone...so every night, one camper must "Take a hike."

What a breath of fresh air to see another type of drag show, featuring queens more of the UK variety, and these bitches are the furthest from fishy as you can get. Where Drag Race is more of the "pageant and polish", Camp Wannakiki is the trashy, no holds bar, campy local queens you'd see down at the bar. No back breaking budgets for the queens for ensembles, and no amassing a fortunate to get on the show.  These queens make the no sense ensembles of what they have and can afford. And I'm here for that. After all, they are the queens that attracted me to drag in the first place. And they have the best drag names...Muffy Fishbasket, Pagan Holliday, Barbara Wire, Kitty Litter, and  Bulimianne Rhapsody.  The Sugarbaker Twins....Apple Brown Betty and Cherry Pie are the camp counselors along with Head Counselor Ruthie.


After seeing the first three seasons, I couldn't be happier for Pola Frost. She brings the Woods Campground's amphitheater down constantly with her weekend shows...and she is just plain crazy.

And did I mention that the sexy and hot Eddie Danger is the camp Ranger?!?
 
I have already told Pola in no uncertain terms that he is to get my digits, and skill sets...and I expect to be match made with him...well, let's not go crazy. But at least a good two weeks of ankle banging and wrinkling of the sheets. I mean have you seen him naked and that perfect snake between his legs?!?!?!

Camp Wannakiki started out on You Tube and will show repeats there, but for the first run episodes it got picked up by Out TV.

36 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!! I was so thirsty for some kind of new drag show that wasn't Drag Race. And you know with categories like Morning Wood, Pitching a tent, and Water Sports...it's gonna be a hell of a fun show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And incidentally, the Mistress is also very good at the same camp activities.

      Delete
    2. I see Cali Boi has been then to Camp Borghese?

      Delete
  2. Now THIS is what a wanna see!!!!! I caught the second and third seasons and laughed the whole way through. And I adore the Sugarbaker Twins. Ill be on the look out for Polla! Good luck to her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen it yet, but you had me at drag and Eddie Danger!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Drag Race, but being from a club kid lifestyle, you now hennnny I love this shit!!!! My type of drag gurl. I loved Muffy Fishbasket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Ranger, I see a forest that needs a fire!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love all kinds of drag and this looks like three tons of fun!
    Not to mention that I'm gonna need that Park Ranger because I have some questions about knots.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so entertaining, and while they have a drag race formula, the show feels soo different. And while I love the Pit Crew....I only need Eddie Danger!!!!! That man!!!!!!!! You should check it out and let us know what you think.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like fun! I'll have to check this out! "Vajay J. Snappinturtle" sounds dangerous, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks totally camp and campy and fun and, yeah, hot ranger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's wayyyyyy over dressed in my opinion.

      Delete
  9. Pat Lark9/02/2022

    What an absolute friggin' hoot!!! Now this is what I always thought Drag should be: Campy and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I enjoy all types of drag, but when you get down too it....this is classic drag and antics at it's best. I agree with you. Drag in my book has to more than just being a stand and pose queen.

      Delete
  10. Eddie Danger. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm tuning into this one... Eddie alone is worth the time. But I'd buy all these queens the cocktail of their choice. I love real queens... who know how to have lots of laughs. Save the drama... for another camp! Thanks for sharing this. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go to You Tube! Most of the shows are on there, including the first one from this season already.

      Delete
  12. Will definitely check things out, including Ranger Danger.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now this looks like fun! I like the earthy feel to it, and the names.... wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When people think drag, THIS is what comes to mind for many. Gimmie classic old school drag any day.

      Delete
  14. So good to see Camp Wannakiki back for a 4th season. The show has had a serious upgrade too but still manages to retain the original quirky, campy homemade hand knitted magic and charms. I actually like this show a bit more then Dag Race at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Literally the best drag show on TV!! S4 is on fire too with production/direction/editing glow up realness !!! The queens are SO AMAZEBALLS this season too... wow! While a competition, you can tell these queens came to play and just have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My wife likes RuPaul Drag Race so I'm sure she would like this one too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one contains a lot more laughs and hilarity Adam.

      Delete
  17. That's exciting! I don't have Out TV, but I will watch it on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the first episode of season four is already on You Tube JM!!! Maybe you and your date can watch together?!?!?!

      Delete
  18. Anonymous9/02/2022

    This sounds like so much fun. And tell Eddie that when you are finished with him that he is to come and see me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Go Pola! Go Pola! Go go go Pola!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gawd dammit I LOVE THIS SHOW ! I started watching in season 3. Good luck to Pola, I look forward to getting to know her. She seems a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Highly entertaining.... I've caught a few episodes. Can't put my finger on it, but the Sugarbaker Twins remind me of someone........hummmmmm.....

    XO and one for Jesus
    Miss R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right dear, she does seem vaguely familiar.......

      Delete
  22. Looks like fun! I'll have to check it out. I hope everyone is practicing good First Aid skills! I went camp several times as a kid. It is a natural environment for drama and somebody better have brought ointment for all those burns about to ensue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the drag styles on here. It's a campy camp for sure.

      Delete
  23. One of our new favorites in this household!!!! The queens are completely hilarious. How cool that Pola Frost is from the Woods!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. it sure beats the boy scout camps I attended.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!