Wednesday, September 14, 2022

AUBREY


Yes, I am overdosing on Drag Race again. At some point I have to give up on some of the seasons, but with the queens all being so talented, I just find it hard. Although I'd still like to see more silly and campy drag over the fishy and editorial. I have been watching more of the international versions more, mostly because the drag is more diverse. But this season on the Down Under Drag Race, one Aubrey Haive caught my attention, though she was eliminated the third episode. While she had a rivalry of sorts with another of my favorites, Minnie Cooper, and had stiff competition from Kween Kong and Spankie Jackson...no small feat Aubrey got on the show. You see this bitch has only been doing drag since 2021. But it all started in the pandemic of 2020, when she had moved from her home country of New Zealand to Melbourne and went right into lockdown. But Aubrey took advantage of the situation to practice applying make-up, doing wigs and getting help from other drag friends...and low and behold Aubrey Haive was born. Her schooling background is in the design of information, resources, and digital media, and does graphic art for a living... but then changed her major to the arts,  to pursue her passion for dance and art, getting a bachelor's degree in musical theatre, which led to the stage, which led to drag. So being in the spotlight isn't new for this queen. But I'm amazed at just how good her style and ensembles are, and that she switches things up with a multitude of looks. And to get on an International drag show with some heavy hitters for only doing drag for over a year...SAYS A LOT!!! She had me when her high steppers first hit the werkroom. Amazing! 


I'm here to tell you, girlfriend can give the runway walk and attitude like no one's business. Walk! Werk Hunty.

18 comments:

  1. Dem gams is gawgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/15/2022

    So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a stunner. Amazing after only a year. How great will she be in a few more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I agree that the international versions are fantastic.
    I loved her and Minnie Cooper going at it LOL. Very talented. And you are right, getting on Drag Race IS a feat on its own!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I met Minnie once years ago. I love her. She was one of three of the oldest queens to be cast in the shows history. I was actually surprised she didn't make it further.

      Delete
  5. Pat Lark9/15/2022

    That red get-up is very Monroe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I had legs like Aubrey; actually I wish I had legs that work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All these queens have such exquisite photos taken and their esthetics are beyond the pale... breathtaking stuff. So very professional. Drag really has lost its amateur flavor, but I'm so impressed with the quality these new queens keep bringing to the show. I can't imagine all the work and money that goes into creating just a single look. Thanks for sharing. Aubrey is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can agree with you Upton. I do worry that drag is losing its amateur flavor...and it's why I will always support local queens and love the campy amateur esthetics more so. Straights and these young gays are now thinking all drag queens are like drag race queens, or all editorial beauties. So when they see local queens now they heckle them about their looks. Drag Queens are in my mind not supposed to looks so female or even better than a woman, they should be way over the top. It one reason I have been enjoying Camp Wannakiki more so.

      Delete
  8. That First dress is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's stunning! Her emergence from the elevator was a spectacular runway filled with attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She’s 100% polished & stunning. Her runaway look and walk gave me chills. She walked!

    ReplyDelete
  11. THIS IS FASHION!!!! She is a professional kids! Adore her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WERK . IT. HENNNY! Aubrey absolutely should have kept going and not gone home 😢 She is gorgeous! Look at these outfits! 💯- I don’t disagree with many ‘sashay away’s but her's, was all kind of wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aubrey is STUN.NIING! Her bug outfit is fucking gorgeous, and the wig and makeup is so amazing. This is definitely in the top five runways of all time, and she absolutely smashed it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aubrey is gawgous!!! She is next level stun!! The boy is gonna miss her mug every week. She was his favorite on Down Under.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Queen. I do like the Editorial Drag but the Camp is so Entertaining, I'm conflicted on which I prefer.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!