Thursday, September 12, 2019

REHOBOTH


Well after Fire Island, it was back to work for four days, while the Lad relaxed  at the Casa du Borghese, before we we're off again for the next beach destination, Rehoboth Beach, a lovely little beach town I've been going to since the early 90's. You may be asking yourself "Mistress, didn't you already have enough beach time?" To which I reply is there such a thing??? It's the easiest of my beach locales to get to , with in a 2 !/2 hour drive. Maybe while it's not as gay as it used to be, or as all gay as Fire Island or P-Town, the gay community is very well respected and received here. 


Close proximity to Washington, D.C., Philadelphia and Baltimore, where most of the queens come from... and only a short drive from several cities that have large gay communities, it’s easy to see why gay Rehoboth Beach has become such a popular spot for gays and lesbians on the east coast. With over 200 Gay owned and operated businesses, it’s no surprise this sandy hamlet has one of the most bustling gay beach communities in the United States.
The Beaches: Boasting two popular gay beaches and warm water and weather in the summers, Rehoboth Beach is an ideal east coast vacation destination, and has tax free shopping! Rehoboth Beach is located in Delaware, as popular for it tax shelter status as it is for its extremely clean beaches and gay friendly status. There are hundreds of gay owned and operated businesses patronized by a population that swells in numbers in the summer months. The boardwalk is a great place to people watch at night, and has about four blocks of your usual fare one finds on a boardwalk... but the town offers more boutiques and artesian shops over tourist trap shops and excellent restaurants, and there are several nightlife options. 
Most days there started at my favorite place in Rehoboth Egg. Their brunch and breakfast is sooooooo good, and their signature cock-a-tails are very creative. The Lad's Bloody Mary was spicy and contained shrimp!
My eggs benedict.
And I love the big cock on the wall.

If you enjoy watching gay men, Aqua is the perfect place with their huge deck and refreshing cock-a-tails
The delish margaritas at Dos Locos.
Shopping for more swim wear!!!!
Like New Hope, some fun signs seen around, and who was I too argue with them?
I love a queen who embraces the bigger is better motto.
The trip always calls for a stop at the award winning Dolles for their salt water taffy! You can even see it being made. The Lad and I later had our own taffy pull!
While in Rehoboth one must go to the legendary Blue Moon for some debauchery and see fellow queen Magnolia Applebottom with her various shows. This bitch is going places. 
We caught her Climax with Magnolia while there. She is crazy!
Meanwhile up at Diego's Hideaway I couldn't seem to get away from Kitty Glitter whom we just saw in Fire Island. She was dj-ing for the night.
Just a small crowd....

It was a tad sad when it was time to go after Labor Day but summer continues till the fat lady sings!!! I hope to get back off season sometime. And remember when I was saying it's all about the bigger is better motto...
Go big or go home I've LONG said.

43 comments:

  1. "We have to find a special locker for that hat."

    Bonus points if anyone knows the movie that line came from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know Bob...but let's see if another lucky recipient knows?!?

      Delete
    2. I too know, but will drop a hint....Violet Newstead said it.

      Delete
    3. Oh Countess,you sly thing! I love it!

      Delete
    4. 9 to 5 people!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    5. Thank you Norma. I mean, how could people not ... ?

      Delete
  2. I love Rehoboth Beach since it's the closet beach from Hershey. I got down there three times this summer. Love Magnolia and her show. But did you buy those swim trunks with the skulls? And would your boner fit in those is a better question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it did tend to stretch out that skulls. They looked more like oblong dots when on.

      Delete
  3. Small crowd at Diego's? That looks packed! And no one can never have too much beach time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT HAT IS YOU DEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you wear it with your square cuts? Next year, were doing Rehoboth!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I did! I walked right on the beach with my square cuts and hat.

      Delete
  5. Fun post! There's no denying you get around! Loving the hat and glasses, brwahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pictures....this has been this ultimate beach tour for sure. I have never been, but would love to see this place sometime.
    Im not sure which is bigger, your hat or that guy's fan?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that a hat or a hut roof!!! Oh.. I see how it is, another day at the beach, rub it in why don't you. Well try not to get sand up your butt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you tell me. One whiff of breaking wind, and it will be a sand storm.

      Delete
    2. @sooo - rub it in? hell, honey, she is the queen of rubbing it OUT!

      Delete
  8. I’m with you, I’m all for a big cock. That one on the wall can only compare to that fan! Or that hat!
    I wanna go to the beach!

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loverly, loverly beach pictures! I lived on salt water for
    more than half my childhood. Loves salt water. Glad you had a good time xoxoxoxox :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love living vicariously through your travels. The beach looks lovely and your “intimate” dance party looks like a fun time was had by all. It’s been too long since Sixpence and I have gotten away to the Dunes in Indiana. Though not a gay destination, the sand and surf of Lake Michigan are relaxing. And we make our own fun after a day in the sun. We have to plan something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well count me in!!!!!! I want to go too. We can play bury the bone.

      Delete
    2. We’ll keep you in mind. 😉

      Delete
  11. I love your life - any chance that you could adopt me as an English Auntie that you just have to take everywhere?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love you as my english auntie!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. It's a deal!!! I'll be with you for Christmas!!!
      Sx

      Delete
  12. And 20 years from now, you will look back on all of this and think, "I was young and beautiful once!" And boy did I have fun! "

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's part of the reason to blog I think. It's like a nice diary of sorts.

      Delete
  13. That hat is so you!!! Are you in NYC at all for the current festivities?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas....not in nyc. But if I was I'd be looking you two up!

      Delete
  14. Well, we've always known you like big things. I'm with you on the beach time, too. There's no such thing as too much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look like a physically fit Truman Capote in that last picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brwahahahahahahaha.....and we both like men and dick, and a good book!

      Delete
  16. I'm so glad to see you keep your millinery understated.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My god that Egg looks like a delish place. All the beaches you went to look like so much fun, and relaxing if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have got to get my ass to Rehoboth some time. I hear good things about and Magnolia.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can think of a lot of places to put a big cock. But the wall has never been one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can think of a place for you too! wink wink!

      Delete
  20. I would love to see Rehoboth. Looks like such a fun time...but that HAT!!!!!!! You do like big things

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that hat, and like shoes you can never have too much of the beach.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!