Sunday, January 10, 2016

KEEP THE CHAMPAGNE FLOWING

 
When it's New Years, it’s ALL about the champagne. We live and breath by it here. We celebrate and enjoy all the amazingness that the bubbly has to offer. Maybe that’s why I’ve been so resistant for  the holidays to end. But why does it have too? Why not enjoy champagne all month long? This past week, I came across a recipe that sounds to good to resist. Champagne-Elderflower Cocktail with Pear and Thyme.
 
There are a lot of things that can elevate an ordinary party or night into an extraordinary party or night. Great music, awesome snacks, a beautiful location and a specialty house cocktails are a few things that immediately come to mind.  So I gave it a whirl, since my guest and the houseboys hadn't polished off all the champagne....and my God was it DELISH!!!!!! It was something that was still light and refreshing, and gives the champagne a nice twist. So I grabbed the couple bottles of Champagne and got to mixing!
 
Ingredients
 
For the Simple Syrup
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1 ripe pear, cored and chopped
4 sprigs fresh thyme
 
For the Cocktails
Ice cubes
Pear and thyme simple syrup
Elderflower liqueur
Andre Extra Dry Champagne
 
In a medium sauce pan bring all the syrup ingredients  to a simmer and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cover, let stand for about one hour so the flavors can infuse each other. Drain the syrup to a bottle to refrigerate to use when you want it.  In a glass, add ice and two tablespoons each of the syrup and the Elderflower liqueur. I used St. Germaine's. Top with champagne and a sprig of thyme. DELISH I SAY!
 
This is just the ticket for a winter's cock-a-tail and  a good way to keep the champagne flowing. Only thing is the houseboys get a tad to frisky. Tootles!

15 comments:

  1. "Only thing is the houseboys get a tad to frisky." - you say that like it's a bad thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just heard about Elderflower liqeur yesterday and here you are with a recipe that calls for it!
    Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and then did you drink it from the punch bowl as usual?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see the New Year resolutions are being adhered to! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please.....the resolutions were out the window around here by 12:15AM.

      Delete
  5. These drinks are so stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love making cocktails with champagne, but I’ve definitely never tried elderflower! It’s still the weekend and I am totally wanting to sip on some of this goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will down my sorrows in a couple of these delicious Champs cocktails! These sound killer! Perfect way to end the week and kick off the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love cocktails with champagne in them! And the flavors in here sound amazing! I’m totally craving this drink

    ReplyDelete
  9. Champagne COCKtail? I’m IN

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am LOVING this cocktail! I LOVE St. Germain, so this is right up my alley! And the pear and thyme simple syrup sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. You don't need to twist my arm...especially after the passing of David Bowie this morning

    ReplyDelete
  12. "...a tad too frisky." Is there such a thing? ;-)

    I sure hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmmm, frisky houseboys!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!