Monday, February 4, 2013

A Tisket of This, a Tasket of That

Well, well ,well, it seems forever since I was around, no? I have finally returned to my ever faithful Casa du Borghese.....



.......... and how I have missed you all! Now... I usually like to hibernate in the winter, but it seems others had plans for me. Since my absences, I have had two back to back business trips for some visual work at some of our other locations, a concert at the New Hope Winery with Duncan Sheif, a trip to the ancestral home, and a long weekend in New York at the fabulous Oheka Castle, but more on that later. But first I have some tidbits  of some tiskets and taskets I'd like to share and feel free to chime in on any subject.....


First things first. I sure hope my Social Director, Anitia Moorecock behaved and was a swell hostess?!?! She went through some stress whilst I was away. Since back I have sent her to Guatemala for some R&R.She just can't handle the boys.


American Horror Story season 2 ended. What a ride it was!!!! And did Jessica Lange not turn in yet another twisted performance? I can't believe it ended already. I have also heard that season three is already in the works with talk of witches, magic or some variation of the two, and how that will be incorporated with Murphy’s rather cryptic use of the term “evil glamour.“ Murphy says that Jessica has spent enough time in rags, and will be a glamour puss in the next season. Season three will also see the return Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters and from season 1 Taissa Farmiga.



It's been a tough week for Downton Abbey fans. I am still in mourning for Lady Sybil. But I'm more then happy to take up with Branson, and take that hot head Irishmen off the Crawley's hands!!!



While away, a saw a real live Citroen on the road, and now more than ever would love to have one. A vintage Citroen. Practical for me? No. Stylish? yes. I would look so cute behind the wheel.


Saw Max Ryan in a movie while away. He is so my new salt and pepper crush.



The team and I made trips to the showrooms again, and must say was in love with Christian Dior's Spring Collections......

........and even more happy that the peplum is back in vogue again on everything from jackets, to dresses, to the most basic of shirts. Women's clothing needs to get more feminine again.




It's a major treat to have RuPaul and the girls back again! All-Stars shows are such a cop out. And what a great collections of queens. Is it me or have Michelle's tits gotten even bigger??? She really could compete in the show if you ask me. I have seen many of these queens perform, and am pleased they are showing their true style. I have been very pleased with my girls Alaska, Roxxy and Detox. But I don't suspect Serena or Monica will be around much longer. Serena is about as useful as a glass hammer! Caught by surprise I was by Lineysha Sparx......




I had not seen or heard of her, but I am loving her lots! Great style, flawless paint, and old school drag and etiquette. Hmmmmmmm, she may be the surprise sleeper this season. Watch out gurrrrrrrls!


Finally, I am loving Christina Aguilera's new cd Lotus. Good Gawd does that girl have pipes on her! So glad she also left the Voice. A wise choice. She is getting re-grouped, spending time with her son, and continuing with new music. I love her, but lets hope she keeps away from the foods. Now I must get caught up with you all, so much reading to get caught up on. Now feel free to discuss, whilst I gather myself upon getting back today. Tootles!

26 comments:

  1. Well damn, it's about time!!!!!!!! Welcome back finally! Totally agree with American Horror Story. It was a bit weird, but so damn addictive. Loving Alaska and Lineysha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELCOME BACK!!!!!! Oh please Michelle is the biggest drag queen on the show! Meanwhile you sure have been a busy Mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Days are here again! And did I hear you say Max Ryan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Casa without the Mistress is like a cocktail without the libation. So glad your back. Drag Race looks to be entertaining this season, I would agree. And poor Sybil, I can't believe they killed her off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well it's about time you return to the Casa! Anitia was very accomedating, but do you have any houseboys left? So glad too hear about another season of AMS....and Ms Lange!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a whirlwind, Mistress! Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are enjoying Drag Race only we were hoping for real drag history tonight when we read the previews. Oh well, can't have everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. drag race: enjoying the cute black girl, love her edge.
    AHS: i think it's ridiculous, but jessica brings her best game.
    DA: take a valium, more's to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no, don't say any more Norma. Do I need a spoiller alert disclaimer posted?

      Delete
  9. Anonymous2/05/2013

    Oh I'v ever seen a vintage citroen - love it!
    And American Horror Story - how good is it? I'm way behind over here but Jessica Lange is just so good. Good to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have missed you too! I say we get one,split custody of it, and take rides in the European country side. What ya say Thelma?

      Delete
  10. Glad you're back from Fabulosity. You've been missed.
    I concur about Jessica Lange; she's amazing in everything.
    I just took off my black armband in remembrance of Lady Sybil, and, well, I love a good drag show.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im with Norma on the AMS, could they have added one more outlandish plot? Jessica soooooo svaes that show. Loved her in the name game ep.And welcome back Mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to see you again honey! I would love nothing more than to wear one of the new Dior pieces right now and then take a spin in that quite adorable car! Looking forward to hearing about your travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you sure do know how to wet a queens whistle.

      Delete
  13. Welcome back! And you want us to discuss while you gather yourself? We don't have that much time for you to gather all of that! American Horror. What was all that story?!?!?! Some of it was so random. The Citroen? So you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if one is going to gather it must be done properly.

      Delete
  14. wlcome back and I love what you did with the outside of the Casa! And what in the world is a peplum?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't make me get Tabitha to explain what a peplum is.

      Delete
  15. MISTRESS! I have been so busy, I haven't had time to read lately, but got much back reading done when I retuned when you were out! LOVE Jessica Lange, she really has come into her own.

    ReplyDelete
  16. yay you are back t Casa! I missed you mama.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome back finally! We were getting ready to send a sleuth to find you! I still want more American Horror Story. The run seems so short. Downton Abbey I just started watching on dvd, so Im only in the fourth ep. I love it! Maggie Smith cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well....if I live and breathe..... and I do believe your right in the three girls. As they said last night the Ala-roxx-tox for the top three! Lineysha is beautiful but Im not sure she will take it. Love the new crop though.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Weclome Back! I love the Lotus cd. Can't wait to hear about your travels!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!