Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Rebel Wilson


Over the weekend, since all the hoopla is over, and calm around here, I finally had the chance to start catching up on movie viewing. I was pleasantly surprised by the film, Pitch Perfect. But mostly wanted to see it for the hilarity of  Rebel Wilson,  who is down right funny as hell. But the movie itself was also better then I though. Pitch Perfect is a 2012 musical comedy film directed by Jason Moore. The musical comedy features an ensemble cast consisting of Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, Anna Camp and Brittany Snow. The plot follows an all girl college a cappella group, The Barden Bellas, as they compete against another a cappella group from their college to win Nationals, and who are reeling from a humiliating loss at the International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella, the group struggles to find new members the next year. The film is based on Mickey Rapkin's non-fiction novel Pitch Perfect. I didn't except to like the movie much since I can't stand Glee, I have seen maybe a half hour of it at most. Why I liked this movie so much , I have no idea. Maybe it was the pitch of vulgarity, or seeing the abdominal muscles of Freddie Stroma!!! This was a feel good movie with great singing talent, surprisingly, but I do believe Rebel Wilson, my new comedy crush du jour, was a huge reason I enjoyed this movie. She was completely hilarious! Rebel is an Australian actress, writer, and stand-up comedian. She began appearing as Toula in the SBS comedy series Pizza from 2003 and made several appearances in the sketch comedy series The Wedge. Since then she has been seen in a slew of movies here in the states.


Though Wilson is a fresh face for us American audiences, she's no stranger to performing. A writer, actress and stand up comic in her native Australia, she began on stage and appeared in more than a dozen TV shows before heading to Hollywood to break into movies. "Bridesmaids" was her first stateside job. Basically, the week `Bridesmaids' came out, she was booked up for the rest of the year, Wilson said during a recent interview. Originally a law student, Wilson chose to pursue performing after having a malaria-induced dream in which she saw herself accepting an Academy Award.

 
If you have a chance to see the movie.*** watch it***, it is quite funny,  with excellent tunes, but Rebel steals the movie with her comedic timing and some good one liners. I also think she would give Saturday Night Live some huge ratings as a host sometime. The feel good final scene from the movie.......

10 comments:

  1. I agree with your review, I too was much suprised by how cute the movie was. More edgier than Glee, but gawd do I LOVE REBEL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/08/2013

    I haven't seen this movie but perhaps I will soon. I loved her in Bridesmaids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for her! I really enjoy her comedic talents. Still don't know if I can bring myself to watch any MTV endorsed award show,which she will be hosting soon, but I won't rule it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know anything about Rebel Wilson so I looked her up. I thought 'Rebel' was a stage name but it's her real name. She has siblings named Liberty, Ryot and Annachi. I'm guessing Ryot is for riot and Annachi is for anarchy. Wonder if her parents were punk rockers?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Rebel Wilson. I laughed so hard when I saw her in the trailer for Pitch Perfect. I went to see it solely because of her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE HER!
    So brilliant and funny.
    Naturally she is Australian.
    Her career will be long and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so hilarious. I love this chick.I WANT MORE

    ReplyDelete
  8. i adoreee rebel! I can't stand Glee either but for some reason did enjoy this movie also!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been a Rebel fan for years Darling... It just takes a while for the American Industry Moguls to recognize true talent... She's all Woman and I love her... I'm not a bit biased at all darling...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I may have to see this, if only for the Strom-abs.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!