Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Peak at the Dragtestants



The cast of RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 3 is here! While new episodes of The Greatest Show On Earth don’t actually start until January, that is no reason we can’t get all excited and put on our bitchpants and wigs for some completely superficial and wildly inaccurate video judging. These first three are wildly entertaining. What do you think of them in their formal intros?

Delta Work is one of the queens that I have seen before. She is from California and she is part of the uber successful show DREAMGIRLS. LOVE DELTA! Her interview was so personable, and adorable. She knows her strengths, admitted her weakness,dancing, and unlike a lot of the other interviews, she didn’t seem full of herself or stuck up. One flawless queen too!



LOOOOOOOOVE Mimi Imfusrt! I have seen Mimi before several times, and she is just a breath of fresh air right now here in Philadelphia at the Q Bar! I don’t know what it is with me and the big girls this season (well 2 of them at least) but I think it could be the year of the Big Queen! She is so cute, and funny in her interview. She didn’t irritate me at all, and I found myself laughing and giggling with her. She believes that drag should be over the top (AMEN!) because “If you’re not over the top, you’ll never see the other side!” One of my top 3 queens for sure! I'm hoping she takes this!!! After all, isn't this about what a drag queen should be? Were not searching for real looking women here are we?



Mariah could be the one I love…or love to hate. First off, she’s from Atlanta, and she is a Ballroom Queen. Yes she competes in the Ballroom. She is considered (or considers herself) one of the legendary performers. Mariah could be fun, for the simple reason that this diva could have some SERIOUS moves. I will be excited to see what she brings out. She should make the top five.

16 comments:

  1. I'm so pissed that I don't get LOGO anymore. Ru needs to move to Bravo.

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mimi is the best! Her shows are always hysterical & she has the quickest wit. I’m so excited that she made the show & everyone outside of the NYC/Philly area will get to see that she is so wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Pocono Bear12/28/2010

    ALRIGHT BIG GIRLS, IM READY FOR ONE OF U FULL FIGURED WOMEN TO WIPE THE FLOOR WITH THEM SKINNY BITCHES THIS YEAR. GO DELTA WORK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TEAM Imfurst all the way !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delta is just amazing!! She is stunning and she is my pick to win it all!! Love me some Delta! And she is so sweet. And that Mariah looks a pinch bitchy, but she got herself some firce hair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cannot wait!
    Even Carlos is looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't tell you how excited I am about this season. CANNOT WAIT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nobody does drag as well as America, as shows like this (and any visit back home) show clearly enough. There are some good drag queens here in Europe, but the Americans just have a certain knack for it. Love this show! (Of course we're way behind here in Europe -- they've only shown one season so far!)
    Take care, and Happy New Year.
    XO
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have seen all of them and I'm totally routing for Mimi or Venus.I confess, I much, much, much prefer the ironic, "funny" queens (Pandora Boxx forever! Tammy Brown!) to the trying-to-be-realistic ones. But clearly RuPaul doesn't agree with me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Delta!It is time for a big girl to win. I love the show but so far the winners have been a little too RuPaul lite for me. So yeah. Go big or go home

    ReplyDelete
  11. My money would be on the entrepreneur, Mimi, I adore her!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooo, Mimi Imfurst has uttered my new mantra: If you're not over-the-top, you can't see the other side. I'm so routing for her to win now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Geeze! I wish I had this channel. As a heretosexual female, I still love a man in a dress!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mimi had me at Dolly Parton and Miss Piggy. I'm, also liking Delta. I've seen her perform and she is good. Mariah is sharp as hell, but seems like another Tyra Sanchez and one is enough!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maddie, at times like this I wish we still had cable. Alas, we have to wait till each season comes out on DVD, so we can buy them. Right now the first season is available on demand, but not out on DVD. Eagerly awaiting both.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll tivo this...make it werc!!
    Happy New Year darling!!

    ~kisses*

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!