Friday, December 24, 2010

Heading Home for Christmas



Is everybody ready for the big day? I can't believe how quick this year went! The Mistress had off today and finished her last minute stock stuffer gifts and then just walked about Doylestown looking at all the Christmas finery about the town. And it seemed everywhere I went people couldn't have been more friendly saying" Merry Christmas", and" Happy Holidays"! It was very nice to hear. Could people be in the spirit this year, or is everybody just drinking more??? The Mistress is enjoying being wrapped up early and relaxing. I didn't have but five gifts to get, and it was mostly work related and some close friends. We don't really exchange with family anymore, except for the young ones. We really enjoy good company and laughs, spirits and FOOD! My checklist for the packing is done, as the Mistress will be heading to Harrisburg to the ancestral home for a lovely Christmas Eve dinner, and then to the Aunt and Uncles house for the big day, with most of her kids. We'll enjoy some cosmopolitans, which is tradition and then her Roast Beef dinner with Yorkshire pudding! Yum. And on Christmas Eve, since I was a wee one, I have always watched A Christmas Carol. I 'll have to uphold that along with some cookies and a nice Spiked Eggnog! Do you all have any traditions you look forward too? Well time to hit the road. I'll be back next week sometime. In the meantime have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Ole New Year!!!

20 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip! Holiday traditions here have Dad cooking Christmas breakfast and dinner :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful holiday celebration at the Ancestral Home, Mistress! Party hardy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I think that should be "party hearty" but you knew what I meant, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas! Hope you have a warm, cozy family time! I'll be expecting a dronk call New Year's Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12/24/2010

    Hey girl, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! (And that Santa brings you something wrapped up...with muscles bulging.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a safe trip Maddie. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now don't be gone too long this time! And MERRY CHRISTMAS MISTRESS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that picture, that's cool. I hope you have a good one with your family sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a very good time and Merry Christmas, love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good and safe travels to you Mistress and Happy Holidays to you!!! Thanks for the gift of this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very wonderful Christmas to you Mistress, and many thanks for your wonderful blog, it's always entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas, lush! Wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mistress,your blog has given me joy and made me laugh every time you post something, and I love it! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Christmas! Be safe have fun and enjoy the cock-a-tails! lol! Isn't that how you say it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cosmos? on christmas? I would love to be at your place! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I truly wish you a Merry Christmas Mistress! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish you a very Merry Christmas Mistress and I hope Santa delivers on his promise!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Merry Christmas Darling! I'm sure you will have a fabulous time during the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah, Honey, Merry Christmas to you too! Hope you get everything you want!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Merry Christmas to my favorite, fabulous ....drunken Mistress?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!