Saturday, June 5, 2010

Hotel Palomar


If there is one thing the Mistress knows well,it's her way around a hotel!!! And this recently opened boutique hotel is soooooooo swanky, why it could be a home away from home! Ahhh the life. Hotel Palomar is a unique luxury boutique hotel in Philadelphia that features 230 stylish guestrooms and suites and 6,000 square feet of state-of-the-art meeting and event space.The Hotel Palomar is in the heart of downtown Philadelphia in the chic Rittenhouse Square neighborhood. The interiors are interesting because they play off Philadelphia’s rich history by adding quirky touches of Americana through use of design elements such as the brightly colored presidential busts in the lobby, the pop art versions of presidential portraits, and traditionally inspired tufted and turned furniture with modern fabrics and bold accent colours. Of course, I think the Mistress is just a little partial to the scene because I like to use the color palette they have through out the hotel.So chic and comfortable. I also like the elegance of the place with just a touch of whimsy, plus I also really like a interior that mixes old and new together.





The hotel offers a wonderful, superb restaurant, Square 1682, which has become a destination restaurant and is a popular gathering place for locals and visitors alike.




Armani suits are as fitting as blue jeans here, as long as you're in the mood for a deliciously casual bite and an expertly mixed cock-a-tail. Downstairs, an energetic bar scene and floor-to-ceiling wine display is backed by an exhibition kitchen.Upstairs, the cozy tables and private booths allow for easy conversations. Hotel Palomar really does reflect Philadelphia's story of Art in Motion. Throughout the boutique hotel, original artwork dynamically interacts with soft hues, luxurious custom furnishings and original architectural detailing. So next time your in Philadelphia to see the Mistress why not stay at this posh establishment.

9 comments:

  1. OH, SO POSH! Can you believe I haven't been to Philadelphia since I was a child? You do I wonderful job on your local intrests and I WANT to come to Philly and stay here of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great place! Boutique hotel are more expensive but I save the extra and jsut do it. The rooms are more chic and the service and the food are usually very good. Love the interiors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6/05/2010

    Ahhhh. Lovely. I was a front office manager at The Peninsula NY back in the day. I love hotels. It's hard to explain, but every time I'm in a hotel room, I feel safe. It's like the world goes away and it's just me, fresh linens and a big ol' bathtub filled with bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's style all the way with the Mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhh, I'm so shocked that you know your way around a hotel... You've always been spotted going in and coming out!!! Looks like a great place to stay to me, although I don't require all the fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mistress Maddie #1 Fan6/05/2010

    I love staying in hotels...less work to do. I have heard the Palomar has very good service. When I have been there before I stay at the Lowes or the Marriot near the City Hall. I'll have to try this sometime. Love the art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use to work in the hotel industry and I hear the Palomar and the Sofitel are really hurting the old scholl hotels downtown. These boutique hotels are all about the upmost in service and are much more sleek and stunning inside. All the hip and trendsetters are staying in these. The Palomar is stunning too. And Square 1682 is out of this world and getting to be "the place to be" for happy hour! Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This makes me think about my visit there and how much fun we had. I miss you!

    What a beautiful hotel and enticing menu! My handicapped room at the Marriott had a great view and lots of room since I'm not handicapped (physically anyway) but no decor like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The place is really something. It a real hot spot right now. I ended up there one night for some company and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!