Monday, December 31, 2018

KISSING THE OLD YEAR OUT

Here we are at the end of yet another year. 

I hope that 2018 has treated you as well as you deserve, I feel blessed and happy to look back on many joys in my own life. Sure... I screwed up more than a few times, but I think the good and bad combined just continue to make and mold us to become stronger, and wiser people. Will continue to count each blessings...big or small- a blessing is a blessing after all! Just the other night, like one of my favorite blogger friends, JP, I was in bed, in the buff, sweating, my heart racing, and my body twitching. To some of your dismay, I wasn't doing what your thinking. I was thinking about how did I get here, and I begin wondering what will life be like in a couple years? Every so often I think of this and get a panic attack.  For example when I was young and extremely close to my grandmother, I always wondered how life would go on without her, or how would I cope with special friends not there, or when I came out of my long-term relationship, how would I cope and muddle through. And would I meet someone again? The same thing happened again the other night. Thoughts of coming changes, friends leaving, and god forbid, any passings in the family. Over the years you slowly lose contact with people and friends, and people do tend to pass on. Tis life. But then it occurred to me, I'm still here and a survivor, and I always come through safe and in tact. Where will I be in a couple years? Will I be settled down and married? Will all my friends and family be here? Who knows what time has in store, but I can take comfort in knowing I will survive. I have also learned no more of the family recipe of eggnog before bed.
You may be confused by my selections of photos. The New Year and January, always get me in the mood for snow. It always feels fresh, clean, and blankets a calmness over the land...a great way to start the New Year...so I challenge the Snow Queen to perhaps arrange some white stuff. 

In closing year 2018… I'd like to thank you all for all your kind supports, by commenting, writing, and sharing . We have really built together a place to enjoy some visual delights, support, encouragement, and a place of shelter from the more common mundane things we have to face daily which are not always so positive, upbeat or fun. What a joy...having special blogs that I can visit when I desperately need a dose of inspiration and so likewise hoping my blog is not only a place to visit but also to learn about queens, people and things that energizes and inspires you. I simply hope that you would join me as we enter the year 2019 together... chin up, stomach in, tits/chest out and smile!!!  I truly thank you all for stopping in when you can and again delighted for all my new readers too. I have three friends for a intimate dinner tonight per usual....so from your Mistress.....
CHEERS everybody, 
and Let's Start the New Year Right!

46 comments:

  1. behave yourself tonight, maddie! though I know you won't...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carebear, behaving badly is still behaving.

      Delete
  2. Happy 2018 Mistress! Have fun tonight. And then tell us all about it!

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may be one of my favorite post. I love when you open up. But worry not dear...you a cute nicely built guy with way to much to offer someone. I think we all worry where we may be down the road. But you have a great head on your shoulders. I think this post was lovely in clouding the song. You really embrace life and see a glass half full, if that's possible for you!!!!!!! Love ya too Mistress.

    And the Happiest of New Years!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started reading your blog when you wrote about the history of drag queens. I don't remember when that was, but it was so interesting. I like entertainment history. I don't know how long I've been making a nuisance of myself here with commenting. It feels like a lifetime (in a good way). I like the interacting here. I call it playing. Potato potahto.
    Now for the important stuff, just what the hell is that pictured in the first photo? It looks like bejeweled uteruses(uteri?) escaped and took to the skies! Or, don't judge me, gay bats! Maybe the sangria hasn't worn off yet.
    Keep up the good work, punkin. Have fun. After breakfast and an earlyish showing of Aquaman, Duke Balder and I will be hunkering down at home to avoid the early drunk drivers. Bella's going to need a strong drink before all the banging noise starts. I'm talking gun shots, you pervs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs and kisses to you, Mistress! Enjoy your New Year's Eve! I like the beautiful photo of Old Quebec City's lower town all decked out in Christmas lights with the beautiful Chateau Frontenac up above. That's one of my favourite spots in the whole world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off, I love me some McGuire Sisters, a great song to end the year on. Second, we all fret from time to time where we will be and will we be alone....so we can all go together. I have the feeling you'll always be surrounded by a lovely crowd.

    Your blog is always one of my last to read for the old year, but I saw you had your post up. Thank you for making your days a little more fun with the banter here.

    Happy New Year Mistress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun, stay safe, be cozy and warm. xoxoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're the only person I know of who made a panic attack sound sexy. I'll try to remember that the next time I have one....

    Warmest wishes for 2019.
    I hope your New Year will be bright, beautiful, and blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are who we are, and where we are, because of where we have been, but origin is not destiny. Decide where you want to take your cute little tookish and go.
    https://youtu.be/Y3OZLxw6egU

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheers to you too,mistress.
    I am so glad to have discovered your blog this year. It really is wonderful. Your pictures never fail to take my breath away.
    I've been to places, through your blog, that i would never have been able to visit. So thanks for that.
    I look forward to reading many more posts this next year.
    All the best. I shall raise a glass of Parma violet gin with ice and tonic to you at midnight. Cheers! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just adore you Christina. I will also raise a glass to you too ma'dear.

      Happy New Year🎉🍸🎊🎈

      Delete
  11. Happy New Year to you Maddie, many more happy, interesting and fun times for you in the new year! You definitely are one in a trillion billion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your going to be a steal of my husband when you settle.! You to must agree. There is something about your blog...one never knows what is coming next. I too am ready for a snow. The air feels crisp and fresh after.

    Happy New Year to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good lord!!!! If your contemplating is the hot and sexual, I'd love to hear you regale a actual sex act. I do have some visuals......

    Happy New Handsome. Have a fun night.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a heart felt post. I think your evening sounds perfect to me.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy new year dearheart xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that you ended the year on one of these posts for Monday. So peaceful. what a beautiful way to end 2018 :) i hope that you have had a great year and that next year is filled with more good times :)

    have a Happy New Year sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mwah, darling! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New Year, my Sweet, and thank you for the fun, and the gorgeous pictures!
    Sxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. hmmm. my theme song...I will be thinking of that all day today...a good song for the day. And you never have to worry, I'll scope you right up and make you mine!!!!!

    Happy Happy New Year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you dearest hot stuff for all your lovely wishes!
    Hope all your wishes come true! You'll always be fine.
    Happy, happy, happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is just how I picture you too Mistress with a glass of champagne.

    Happy New Years and all that tootes.

    ReplyDelete
  22. As Elaine Stritch might say ...
    "Good times, and bum times, I've had 'em all and my dear, I'm still here!"

    Happy New Year MM! Cheers to a fabulous 2019!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Black sable one day, next day it goes into hock, but I'm here
      Top billing Monday, Tuesday, you're touring in stock, but I'm here
      First you're another sloe-eyed vamp
      Then someone's mother, then you're camp
      Then you career from career to career
      I'm almost through my memoirs, and I'm here"


      Indeed.

      New Year will be happy! We will make it so... Jx

      Delete
  23. Here's wishing you a good 2019 Toots. They come, they go, but the reliable are there forever.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Here's too lots of sequins, spanks and and other shiny stuff tonight!!! Sounds like you have a nice time planned. I ll try to stay out of trouble. One year, I really need to experience your white stuff out there.


    Happy New Year ...to you my favorite little vixen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you don't need skis with my white stuff!

      Delete
  25. happy happy new year,
    la la la la la la!

    doo dee dah dee dah dee dah dee

    bum dum dee doo wop! Happpy New Year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you so much Mistress!
    Hope you have an amazing new year and that 2019 holds many great things for you! I think my theme tune for the New Year would probably be girls just wanna have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. The McGuire Ssters!!!!

    You classy bitch! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy New Darling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sequins and fireworks - hurrah! Have a lovely New Year's, you doll. I know you will.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cheers to all the possibilities of the new year, and warmest wishes love,

    ReplyDelete
  31. Cap Chasen1/01/2019

    OOh LOVE the sparkles and the fireworks!!!!!

    Just wanted to say thank you for your beautiful blog and for making this old man feel like a kid again I just adore you and your blog.

    Happy New Year dearest.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your post was perfect! I knew you had a soft side. Have a Happy New Years! May 2019 be full of all the good things in life!

    ReplyDelete
  33. So, was the Lads cork popped last night?

    ReplyDelete
  34. I hope you had a Happy New Year. Mine was a good one considering what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you, Maddie, for all you share throughout the year. You make the world a much more beautiful place. So sorry you have to experience those moments of panic, but glad you know what they are. Wishing you far fewer of those and all the happiness you can handle. Oh, and thanks for that eggnog recipe... and for the McGuire sisters. You can keep that frickin' snow -- but thanks for the photos just the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mitchell! What a nice compliment. Nice to have another fellow life lover with me.

      Delete
  36. Ah.....nothing like a good January snow......

    ReplyDelete
  37. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY✨🎆🎊🍸💋❤

    Look forward to seeing everybody this year, and more hilarity from your comments!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I know I'm late to the party, but Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!